Comments for: Imrahil's Daughters

Talk to Lialathuveril

curiouswombat - 03 Sep 12 - 2:35 PM

Ch. 1: Prologue

Oh-ho!  What a good start.  I look forward to seeing this one developing in your skilled hands!

Lialathuveril - 04 Sep 12 - 6:43 AM

Ch. 1: Prologue

Hello Wombat,
and thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this scenario and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for reviewing
Lia

curiouswombat - 21 Oct 12 - 3:49 PM

Ch. 6: Chapter 5

Oh my!  Sir Walter Scott might have had this Lothiriel in mind when he wrote

Oh what a tangled web we weave... when first we practice to deceive.

Bluedot - 05 Nov 12 - 9:38 AM

Ch. 7: Chapter 6

Loved this chapter! You've really managed to evoke the harbour and the market so well I could almost imagine being there.  I also think it's great how you've got Eomer changing from a polite and charming King to a competitive bloke with just a few words from Gliwen/ Lothiriel, who then had to really work hard to stop him. You'd think with three brothers, she'd know how easy it is to hurt a man's pride ... It had me laughing out loud. It was an excellent comic exchange which I find very hard to get right (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) so well done.

I can't wait to see how Gliwen/ Lothiriel is going to get herself out of the mess she's creating!

Bluedot Smile

Bluedot - 10 Nov 12 - 5:58 AM

Ch. 8: Chapter 7

Hi Lia, thanks for posting the next chapter so quickly. Another little gem, you're really racked up the tension between Eomer and Gliwen/ Lothiriel which is making it all the more interesting.

I love that you manage to invoke the mood and scenery really well but you are economical with the number of words you use which is a real skill.

I'm looking forwartd to the next chapter.

Bluedot

Bluedot - 13 Nov 12 - 9:13 AM

Ch. 9: Chapter 8

What an end - I truly thought that Gliwen was going to be exposed! I very much enjoyed this chapter (well I have all of them), with Lothiriel finally admitting her feelings for Eomer (to herself at least), and then getting herself further ensconsed in her 'little white lie'.

I do love your writing style, it's very engaging and you just make the story so interesting.

I look forward to the next part.

Bluedot.

Bluedot - 19 Nov 12 - 11:31 AM

Ch. 10: Chapter 9

This chapter feels very much like the quiet before the storm which , if I'm not mistaken, is slowly appearing on the horizon! Gliwen's rising panic is so well described through Eomer's POV, even though he seems to be obvlious to it.

As always, you have a great 'eye' for detail, just amazed by your wonderful descriptions. I'm very curious about the next chapter, can't wait!

Bluedot A gold star for you!

Bluedot - 27 Nov 12 - 11:54 AM

Ch. 11: Chapter 10

Phew, I was so glad the snake was harmless! A very exciting chapter, with Eomer very clearly making his intentions clear, and Lothiriel/ Gliwen digging herself ever further into her hole.

I'm really enjoying the story and as mentioned before, just love the way you evoke Dol Amroth and its wildlife. I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalment!

Bluedot A gold star for you!A gold star for you!

Bluedot - 05 Dec 12 - 11:27 AM

Ch. 12: Chapter 11

What a cliffhanger! I had to read the last bit three times as I was so keen to get to the end.

This was a fantastic chapter and I seriously cannot wait for the next one, which I'm guessing may be the final one?

Really fantastic story, I do love the way the character come to life like this.

Bluedot Smile A gold star for you!A gold star for you!

Bluedot - 12 Dec 12 - 9:26 AM

Ch. 13: Chapter 12

I got the story alert earlier this week but I've been so busy I've only managed to find time to read it today - torture! But I like to take my time and not miss anything. Smile

This was really very funny - they are as bad as each other so no wonder they wind each other up so much. I'm glad Lothiriel is sticking to her guns though - it'll be worth it in the end!

I think this is becoming one of my favourite stories - I can't wait for the next chapter but at the same it's sad to know it'll come to an end soon. Great writing!

Bluedot A gold star for you!

Bluedot - 21 Dec 12 - 6:14 AM

Ch. 14: Chapter 13

Hi Lia,

I read this earlier in the week but haven't had a chance to comment yet!

Although I always knew the two of them would get together (phew!) I was curious to see how it would get resolved - of course it was done in a brilliant way! I'm glad Lothiriel/ Gliwen stuck to her guns and Eomer gave into to his pride but it was a tense chapter right until the end.

I'm looking forward to reading how it all ends but in the meantime, have a great christmas and new year.

Bluedot Cheers! (to enjoy at xmas!)

Bluedot - 08 Jan 13 - 7:53 AM

Ch. 15: Chapter 14

Hi Lia, Happy New Year!

What a lovely way to start it with another chapter - I am so glad they finally got it together (I'll admit I cheered them on in the last chapter).  It is great to see a softer side to Eomer and to see Lothiriel relax into her new role as his future wife. And I love the way everyone is sort conspiring for the two of them to get married as soon as possible, just in case another 'mishap' happens!

Lovely descriptions again of the countryside, and indeed the 'mearas'. Poor Amrothos though, I hope he recovers in time for the wedding!

Bluedot Thumbs up

curiouswombat - 14 Jan 13 - 1:12 PM

Ch. 16: Epilogue

Hurrah!  It's finished and I have spent the evening reading it - I made myself wait until I saw that 'complete' and it was well worth it.  Another lovely tale - thank you.

AndreaH - 24 Jan 13 - 1:19 PM

Ch. 16: Epilogue

Thanks for the lovely story, I enjoyed it! I only found it last week or would have commented earlier. They are among my favourite characters too Smile.