Comments for: Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Talk to Azalais

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

rinlossien - 29 Nov 10 - 12:21 PM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Lovely. Rowanna is a lucky one, I'd say.  I'll take this as an early B-day present (mine's 12/4).

Thanks!!

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Azalais - 29 Nov 10 - 12:39 PM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Rowanna is a lucky one, I'd say.

Well, I'd say so - but then I'd like to think they both are...

Your birthday isn't really 4th December, is it? Same as mine! - see, it was meant to be. In which case this is definitely your early birthday present Grin

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Erulisse - 30 Nov 10 - 3:28 AM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

You came through in spades with this one.  So lovely to have them together, and beautifully done.  I look forward to more in this grouping of tales because, like many, I considered the P&C ending to be a bit quick.

- Erulisse (one L)

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Azalais - 30 Nov 10 - 5:10 AM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Thank you Erulisse!  Glad you liked it.

I'm looking forward to writing more of them too - Powers and Chances could have gone on far longer but it was, in a sense, the story of how they got together, the playing out of destiny and chance, and so once I'd got them there I felt that particular story had done what I wanted it to do.

But coming up with more tales from those six score years will be fun...

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

curiouswombat - 30 Nov 10 - 10:58 AM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Ah, well you already know my thoughts on this... a real pleasure to read!Smile

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

DrummerWench - 03 Dec 10 - 9:22 PM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Very, very nice! Also believable, as Erulisse comments.  I'm glad you gave them a night indoors in a real bed!  Outdoor trysts are--romantic, but, umm, unpredictable. Smile

I have a tiny pick for you, don't know if you intended this or not: in one paragraph you have "on the grounds that" twice in two sentences.

I did notice this: "So at last seeming chance worked in our favour," Legolas smiled. "After a sun-round and more when the Powers seemed to be doing quite the reverse..." I like it a lot!

I look forward to more of Rowanna & Legolas whenever you get the chance!  Thanks for sharing them with us!

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Azalais - 04 Dec 10 - 12:58 PM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

DrummerWench - so glad you liked it! Yes, I must admit I was tempted by writing a sex scene where I didn't have to keep thinking about what the ground was like, or tree-roots in the way, or potential interruptions from wildlife or patrolling Elves... Laugh out loud

And I'm glad you liked the reference back to the destiny/chance/Powers theme of P&C as well.

Same phrase twice in a paragraph - gah! I usually do pick up that kind of thing, but neither the beta nor I did (too, erm, distracted? So embarassed!) Will fix it next time I'm doing an update to the overall story. Which I hope won't be too long - I have various half-formed ideas rooting about in the back of my brain!

Thanks again for the lovely feedback.

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Wormwood - 08 Dec 10 - 8:14 AM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

This was such a warm and sensual read and I enjoyed it very much.

She revelled in the scent of his skin, forest and leaf, the earth after rain.  I liked that and I like your Legolas.

For me it really adds to the story that you have set the "parameters" for this relationship the way you have, in that Legolas and Rowanna only have a limited time together. That creates a far more affecting narrative than any tacked on happy ending would be.

Thank you for sharing this!

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)

Azalais - 09 Dec 10 - 2:44 AM

Ch. 1: A Night in Emyn Arnen

Wormwood - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

"Warm and sensual" is exactly how I wanted it to feel - it should be erotic but also very tender and even funny, because that's the way I see their relationship being.

And I'm interested that you feel like that about the relationship's boundaries - I was always very clear with myself in Powers and Chances that I wasn't going to "cheat" in that respect, so it's good that you feel it adds to rather than detracts from the relationship.

BTW does the fact you've read this one indicate that you've finished P&C - I do remember you saying it was on your To Read list - or have you jumped ahead? ;-)

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Go to Ithilien Tales (Vignettes from the Powers-verse)