Comments for: In the Realms of Ulmo

Talk to Dwimordene

In the Realms of Ulmo

Raksha The Demon - 24 Nov 10 - 10:24 AM

Oh, very nice!  Lots of Silm-flavor and seaborne eeriness.  I think you hit on the uniqueness of Tuor and the uniqueness of Ulmo and conveyed the sense of change in Tuor's life wonderfully; plus a great glimpse of Things of Future-Present in Gondolin.

Go to In the Realms of Ulmo

In the Realms of Ulmo

curiouswombat - 24 Nov 10 - 12:52 PM

This is just so beautifully written and evocative - gorgeous prose.

Go to In the Realms of Ulmo

In the Realms of Ulmo

Dwimordene - 24 Nov 10 - 5:36 PM

Hi Raksha,

"Seaborne eeriness" - check and check! Yes! Tuor is a rather strange bird, and one who, despite being in the title of that chapter, is really very quiet for most of it. Glad this seemed an appropriate fill-in for him.

Thanks for your feedback!

Dwim

Go to In the Realms of Ulmo

In the Realms of Ulmo

Dwimordene - 24 Nov 10 - 5:43 PM

Hi curiouswombat,

Thanks! I had a very cinematic set of images in my head, which usually pushes me to try to match the clarity of the image with the descriptive prose. I'm so glad you enjoyed the style of the piece!

Dwim

Go to In the Realms of Ulmo

In the Realms of Ulmo

Azalais - 24 Nov 10 - 10:57 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous writing. The sounds and the smells and the sights of the sea... such a powerful description of Tuor being taken into its depths and then at last returned to life. Sea-longing indeed. Well done, Dwim!

Go to In the Realms of Ulmo

In the Realms of Ulmo

Dwimordene - 25 Nov 10 - 10:27 AM

Erulisse and Az -

Thank you! I'm pleased the style of this piece has been so effective for readers. Gives me hope that some of the imagery in my head made it onto the screen!

Dwim