Comments for: The Sons of Thunder

Talk to ziggy

The Sons of Thunder

curiouswombat - 03 Sep 10 - 2:16 PM

Ch. 19: The Request

And how right I was, to remember that there was still Gandalf's plan...  Just at the moment I want to stuff his pipe right down his throat...

Go to The Sons of Thunder

The Sons of Thunder

eliza61 - 03 Sep 10 - 4:26 PM

Ch. 19: The Request

Wow, talk about a turn in the tone.  It's literally as if the clouds have cover up the sun.  even though you have warned us about the next chapter I hope there aren't too many elf-owies in store for Legolas.

Go to The Sons of Thunder

The Sons of Thunder

Tanis - 03 Sep 10 - 9:09 PM

Ch. 19: The Request

Oh golly, I know I'm repeating myself, but Legolas' ability to *hear* the pomp of Gondor in the stone, that he can amplify Eowyn's song, as he does for everyone he comes in contact with, is so beautifully done.  You've gifted him so he is as beautiful inside as out.

One of the best things, for me, about this story, is that I'm constantly surprised.  And one of the very best surprises was when Legolas got up out of bed to go make things right when he realized he had misread the tenor of the advances by both Elrohir and Elladan - two chapters back?  Or only one?   And here again, he's off to seek out those he feels he's wronged and make things right.  I love that about your characterization too.  Just exquisite!

You do a great job of ratcheting up the tension, then taking us back down, only to run us up the flagpole again!  Not to mention closing a chapter at precisely the point where as a reader I'm begging shamelessly for more.

Oh please, oh please don't leave me hanging another month before the next chapter posts.  And from here on out, I'm staying far, far away from WIPs.  This is killing me!

I'm going to be very, very, very disappointed if you knock my socks off by actually killing the elf.  I live by the creedo, they must all be returned safe and sound to the shape you found them in when you started!  Wink

When can I expect more???????

Tanis

Go to The Sons of Thunder

The Sons of Thunder

Erulisse - 04 Sep 10 - 5:16 AM

Ch. 19: The Request

Tanis is not the only one who awaits new chapters in this tale.  And having two of them for me this morning made my day!

I am back on the edge of the precipice again with these two chapters.  A small amount of "normalcy" in an abnormal world, followed by an acceptance of an impossible and suicidal task by one whom I would hate to have slain.  I am on tenterhooks until this is resolved, and I may truly hate the ending.  But, keep on - it would be much harder NOT to know.

- Erulisse (one L)

Go to The Sons of Thunder

The Sons of Thunder

Imber - 04 Sep 10 - 7:58 AM

Ch. 19: The Request

I hope you had a lovely holiday and have come back ready to write and write. You cannot leave us waiting at this point it's too cruel. I know writers like to have feedback as they go but I'm with Tanis on avoiding WIPs in future - it's too tantalising to wait in between chapters.

This one was lovely and heartbreaking and the Song motif works so well.

More asap, please.

Go to The Sons of Thunder

The Sons of Thunder

Azalais - 09 Dec 10 - 4:38 AM

Ch. 19: The Request

Such exquisite, beautiful writing all through this chapter that I want to cry. Everything about your Legolas feels so right - the way his light feet run and leap along the walls, his quick intelligence, the way he is "impossibly, irritatingly flirtatious" yet utterly serious about the Nazgul.  The line Legolas suddenly turned to Gandalf and beseeched, 'Let me believe a while that I might escape.' nearly broke my heart.

So many wonderful little details again - Legolas thinking he sees Boromir in the gardens (of course, he hasn't met Faramir yet!); the Music as Gandalf hears it; all Gandalf's smoke-rings, particularly the axe, bow and sword for the Three Hunters; Thranduil's joke about Bilbo's hat.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. And I wonder whether I feel brave enough for the next chapter. ..

Go to The Sons of Thunder