Comments for: Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Talk to Dwimordene

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

MerryK - 21 Mar 07 - 9:42 PM

Oh, Dwim, I finally got around to reading this...and now I am in an absolute mess emotionally. I know I read it far too fast, and shall have to go back and read it more thoroughly, so all I can say now is: thank you, thank you, for not killing Eowyn or Theoden or Denethor. I am not sure if I can forgive you for my other three favorites' ends *sob*...but likely will after a good rereading. Wink

~MerryK

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Dwimordene - 22 Mar 07 - 1:08 PM

Hi MerryK,

I am in an absolute mess emotionally.

Well, I guess that means I'm doing my job to shake the reader up and cut away the familiar certainties of the story. And I'm glad you're not planning to cast me into Utumno just yet for the demise of your three favorites!

Thanks for your feedback! I do appreciate it!

Dwim

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Peregrin_Ionad - 17 May 07 - 7:37 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! this story is so CRUEL!!!! Admittedly, I did read most of the comments before hand, but I wasn't expecting quite a few of the plotlines that formed!!

Peregrin Ionad.

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Dwimordene - 18 May 07 - 4:11 PM

Hi Peregrin Ionad - glad you've been kept guessing! And I'm pleased the story at least is capable of provoking such a reaction.

TTFN,

Dwim

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Nath - 30 Aug 10 - 11:45 PM

*applause* on bringing the tale to a successful end Cheers!Grin I enjoyed it a lot.

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Dwimordene - 31 Aug 10 - 4:57 AM

@Raksha - Phooey. Well, I've been uncertain how well that epilogue would read, so I'll continue thinking about it and see if I can't clarify matters.

The idea, however, was that the reader learns whether the quest succeeded only in the epilogue because Frodo is so far gone by the end of the chapter that he just doesn't know. Because he doesn't know, however, it should not be a foregone conclusion that it succeeded or that failed.

Still needs some work, though, it would seem. Thanks for your feedback!

@ Nath - glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading all this time.

Dwim

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash

thelauderdale - 22 Dec 11 - 10:37 AM

That's an eerie moment, echoing the famous Orc counting contest from LOTR.  I'm glad that Legolas has the concern and prospective friendship of Eomer, if he will only avail himself of it.

Go to Lie Down in the Darkness, Rise up from the Ash