Comments for: Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Talk to maeglin

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

oshun - 19 May 10 - 6:22 PM

Ch. :

AU? Maybe, maybe not. The provenance of a lot of these tales is pretty spotty. I do think I personally like the outcome better than the one in the published Silmarillion though. Great fun to read. Nicely executed.

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

oshun - 19 May 10 - 6:30 PM

Ch. :

I love this one. You've hit my kink strongly with it.

"Erestor knew he would one day tell this mortal child the true tale of the seven stars and stones.  Why seven, indeed, for nine kings?  Because, of course, only seven had been made.  For another set of brothers who had braved many perils, and been loyal to one another as they were to their father."

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

maeglin - 20 May 10 - 5:04 PM

Thanks, Oshun, for both comments!  'Praise from the praiseworthy', always appreciated. Smile

I labeled Asbestos 'AU' primarily because of the logical aftermath - both brothers would 'get on with their lives' rather better than in the canon.  Have always felt Maedhros' canon 'end' wasn't quite right for one whose "spirit burned as a flame".

Also glad you liked "Stones, Kings, and Brothers".  Erestor's perspective on the Palantiri would be rather different than Pengolodh's!  But not easy to explain to a child.

Best,

Maeglin

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

ziggy - 06 Dec 10 - 1:43 AM

Ch. 1: Dell and Cave

I love this! The references that Galadriel makes had passed me by but it chimes with other comments by characters that are dismissive, perhaps the most infamous being Gandalf's ' more dangerous and less wise'! But still elves so that's OK though!! I like the wide eyed Sam too- horrified that he had caused offence.

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

ziggy - 06 Dec 10 - 1:48 AM

Ch. 2: Nameless, Named

The delicacy of this writing moves me but it is also a slow paced rhythm that suits Rockbiter. Not ponderous though- just slow and ancient and beautifully written - the curiousity of Rockbiter is still charming.

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Ellynn - 05 Dec 10 - 2:42 AM

Ch. 17: A Brother's Farewell

Nice chapter, I like it. I just wish it was a little longer. ;)

Go to Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

Maeglin's Drabbles and Ficlets

maeglin - 05 Dec 10 - 7:41 AM

Ch. 17: A Brother's Farewell

Thanks, Ellynn!  I'd certainly like to write more about Girion (who is older than Legolas by more than an Age), and prob. will as it comes to me, so maybe this chapter will get longer at some point :)

Maeglin