Comments for: A Man In Full

Talk to Jael

A Man In Full

illereyn - 04 Jun 09 - 2:45 AM

Wonderful.  Thank you for this story.  I love how you brought tolkien's themes of hope and resilience to another situation!  The use of Aragorn's speech to finish the story was a very nice touch indeed.

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

MMB - 14 Apr 09 - 8:03 PM

Ch. 1: Prologue: The Channel

I am so glad to see this finally being posted!  This is a fabulous addition to your Not Fade Away universe.

Very nicely done!

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

ziggy - 26 Apr 09 - 12:52 PM

Ch. 1: Prologue: The Channel

I knew as soon as I read the summary, this would be connected to Not Fade Away!!! What a wonderful opening and fantastic idea.

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

MMB - 16 Apr 09 - 5:04 PM

Ch. 3: Part Three: The Chivalry of the Sea

I still think this is one of the most powerful pieces of writing I've ever seen, in that it captures the nobility and pathos of the sinking without any effort whatsoever.  And to think who was right in the middle of it all!

Bravo!

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

Jael - 17 Apr 09 - 9:59 AM

Ch. 3: Part Three: The Chivalry of the Sea

"And to think who was right in the middle of it all!"

Yes, who would have thought!   :)

I had a wonderful time combining two of my passions, LOTR and the Titanic, in this story.  Thatnk you so much for taking the time to read and comment!

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

Freyalyn - 27 Apr 09 - 3:02 AM

Ch. 4: Part Four: For Those In Peril

Fabulous story - I love the way you combine research and history and ME all together.  Thank you.

Just a tiny niggle - it would be the old moon rising next to the evening star.  The new moon would be in the West, and sinking when it became visible.

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

ziggy - 26 Apr 09 - 1:12 PM

Ch. 5: Epilogue: Never Surrender

Made me cry- that last line. That wonderful reminiscnece of Aragorn but the echoes in his speech of Churchill's rhetoric... ah. How very satisfying to read such a perfect piece of writing - had me uterly spellbound as always with its beauty and sensitivity . You must be Thranduil's greatest fan - no one writes him like you.

Go to A Man In Full

A Man In Full

Jay of Lasgalen - 28 Apr 09 - 11:59 AM

Ch. 5: Epilogue: Never Surrender

This is wonderful, and a very unusual crossover.  Lightoller is both courageous and practical, though perhaps atypically tolerant of a 'particular friendship' for the times.

I love the image of Thranduil at Dunkirk (and Lightoller's reaction to a 'younger master' for his yacht).  The Snow Goose is one of my favourite short stories, and this recaptures that spirit.

Jay