Comments for: Sam's Tale

Talk to IgnobleBard

Sam's Tale

ItakoFury - 15 Feb 10 - 11:22 AM

I love the portrayal of Sam as something more than a dense young hoobit with no goals but to make those around him happy.

Go to Sam's Tale

Sam's Tale

IgnobleBard - 15 Feb 10 - 8:33 PM

Thanks for your comments ItakoFury. It was fun to imagine Sam in a different way than he's usually portrayed.  I'm glad you like this take on him.

Go to Sam's Tale

Sam's Tale

Russandol - 16 Feb 10 - 10:14 AM

Well, it is certainly a truly different and unexpected perspective, and very credibly told! The final touch about the "maid" made me laugh... How wicked!

Go to Sam's Tale

Sam's Tale

IgnobleBard - 16 Feb 10 - 2:17 PM

Thanks Russandol, it was fun to give Sam this evil little twist. And I thought having Lobelia as his maid would be the perfect touch. Smile

Go to Sam's Tale

Sam's Tale

Sulriel - 16 Feb 10 - 7:12 PM

I love to see alternate perspectives well done and this takes the cake.  It's eerily darkly twisted and still in character.  How perfectly Hobbitish to want only Bag End and the Shire rather than the whole world. Delightful!

Go to Sam's Tale

Sam's Tale

IgnobleBard - 16 Feb 10 - 7:26 PM

Thanks bunches, Sulriel! Who wouldn't rather be rich and comfortable than to have the headaches of ruling the world? l know I would, but I'm a bit of a Hobbit at heart. Grin  I'm glad you enjoyed this. It was fun to give sweet Sam a dark undertone.

Go to Sam's Tale