Comments for: Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Talk to Elen Kortirion

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

bear423 - 18 Jul 09 - 10:35 PM

It was a good story except for the perversion. I did not like that you made Boromir & theodred lovers, its middle earth not ancient Rome or Greece and that you made the elves rapeists (thats just wrong).

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Elen Kortirion - 19 Jul 09 - 9:45 AM

bear423

I make it quite clear in the story synopsis that this is a dark, adult story with some homoerotic themes - if you don't like slash - that's fine, then don't read it .

Also - the Elves aren't rapists - they are seductive, yes, but all enounters of a sexual nature are fully consensual on both sides.  The men feel some initial guilt about giving in to their own bodily desires, but that's about lust, not rape.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Wind Walker - 10 Jul 10 - 5:49 AM

2nd time of reading this wonderful work - you know what it is even better the 2nd time around! Grin Well done a splendid read with an amazing plot.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Elen Kortirion - 10 Jul 10 - 7:16 PM

Wind Walker

How very kind of you to say so!  ;)  Thanks very much.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it.  Yes, eventually when I find some more ideas, Boromir and the Elves will get back to Minas Tirith and a re-union with Theodred.

In the meanwhile - if you want to know more of The Last Peredhel, you could read my story:

A Time of Harvest, September 22nd, 1915

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Agape4Gondor - 14 Apr 08 - 8:35 PM

Ch. 1: Prologue

Looks like a great start, Elen. Also glad you've posted so many chapters already - that makes reading a WIP a little more interesting for greedy 'long' tale readers like me.

I very much like Theodred and his men. Haldir and his elves are quite humorous... in the fact that they are so at ease while there are swords to their throats.

Loved it - good writing too!

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

hurinhouse - 01 May 08 - 7:32 PM

Ch. 30: Arrivals from the South

I just found this story.  The concept of Boromir and Celeborn merging is excellent, the characters are well drawn and the tale is quite well-written.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm looking forward to future updates.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

oshun - 29 Apr 09 - 12:46 AM

Ch. 35: Back in Lothlorien… Sworn duty, destiny, love and hope.

I should have commented on this before. I am not often drawn into a true AU, but I am enjoying this one beyond my most optimistic expectations. Your alternate storyline is convincing and creative. I must admit to a weakness for Théodred and Boromir knowing one another and being close and you do them so well. I especially like your interpretation of the Elves. They are thoroughly LotR Elves, with that slightly alien quality that distinguishes them both from Men and the Elves of The Silmarillion. The youngest of them are so much older than the Elves I write about in the early First Age and prior, with Ages of completely different experiences behind them and it shows. I think there was a phrase you used that they are like but unlike Men. The LotR Elves should be different from the younger, rasher Silmarillion Elves, less like Men, and yet still understandable. So happy you are continuing with this story.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Elen Kortirion - 29 Apr 09 - 1:05 PM

Ch. 35: Back in Lothlorien… Sworn duty, destiny, love and hope.

Thank you, Oshun, for your very generous comments, I'm delighted you are enjoying the story - such positive remarks are so very encouraging to a writer.  :-)

The story will continue (I've already written the Epilogue), but I confess the posting may be slow-ish.  I plan now to write the complete remaining Elvish thread before returning to the Mannish side of the story, and then I'll post the chapters alternately so the time-frame remains coherent.  Re-writing much of the original takes time! ~_^

I'm glad you like the Elves - I've always considered them fierce and dangerous beings, alike to us, but ultimately with a different agenda.  Noble yes, but capable of passion and anger, and certainly of cold, casual violence when it comes to dealing with orcs. 'We may look like you, but we are not you... never forget that!' is what one of them says.  I think that's how it should be.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

annmarwalk - 07 Jun 09 - 11:28 AM

Ch. 42: Dol Guldur Falls

I really like your depiction of Galadriel here, her utter rage, and how she uses her power to undo the filthy depredations of the orcs. (The sly humor, too; Celeborn allowing Boromir a glimpse into Galadriel's mind, was also a treat.)

"Why were those trees left unharmed?" Boromir whispered to Lindir.

"There's an older magic here, still powerful" the elf murmured. "There are places like this in Fangorn, places where even we do not – can not - venture in without permission..."
Nice touch!

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Wind Walker - 10 Jul 10 - 1:44 PM

Ch. 43: Afterword - "The Last Peredhel"

Fantastic but please tell us how Boromir returned home about the joy that greeted this lost warrior and his joy at finally being reunited with Theodred. Please, please.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone

Elen Kortirion - 10 Jul 10 - 7:08 PM

Ch. 43: Afterword - "The Last Peredhel"

...please tell us how Boromir returned home...

I will, I will... eventually.  I do plan to get Boromir home for a reunion with Theodred - I have in mind to have him back for Aragorn's Coronation.  I've always planned to finish it, but RL has got in the way, and I know I need to devote several weeks at the very least to get Boromir and the Elves back to Lorien and then Minas Tirith.  And then I have the royal houses of Middle-earth to sort out now that Boromir and Theodred are still alive...  Sorry I can't promise when, but when I have gathered anough ideas for the events of the return journeys, I shall write the final set of chapters.  ;)

In the meantime thanks very much for reading and commenting, I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Go to Prince of Horses, Lord of Stone