Comments for: After Stormy Seas

Talk to Adaneth

After Stormy Seas

mffantasia - 15 Feb 08 - 12:01 PM

Adaneth,

I just recently discovered your stories, and they blow me away. I have been reading LOTR fanfics for a while now, and usually my favorite site is Stories of Arda, but sometimes I come to HASA to see the stories here. Don't know why I haven't seen yours, but they are GREAT. I can hardly wait for an update.

Usually I don't review, English is not my first language though I live in the States and speak, read and write the language every day but, you see, I'm an Engineer and technical English is so easy…I love to read, your information about the highlands is priceless, I'm not familiar with the Scots, only what Sir Walter Scot & Shakespeare wrote, some movies, what I learn in school (not much) and maybe the Outlander series by Diana Gavaldon…Anyway, back to your series, I like Saelon, what a brave, wise woman she is, and Veylin, incredible character ( I like all the dwarves, in fact, his sister is incredible). I do like how you portrait the elves, real people, some good, some less good as is suppose to be, they are no Gods, they have their bad moments too, you can ask Feanor for that…I think that you can give her the opportunity to interact with them and see that they can be good allies as the dwarfs, Elrohir and Elladan were not that bad with her, especially Elrohir.

Now, I like Dirmaen, I like how his character has developed, he is a Ranger of the North, he serves his Lord, the Chieftain and is loyal to his command, but he can help it, he admires her, loves her and I like the idea. Being strong is great, but is better when you have a partner, no a lord, but an equal. That is how I can see them together. Saelon must stop and try to understand him too, well I guess that you'll figure it out if you want them together, but a touch of romance is nice in the story.

About Gaernath, he has some Dunedain blood; will he live a little longer than the other men as the people of Gondor? It is just a doubt that I have, The men of Gondor were dunedain, but mixed with lesser men, so they live around 100 years (Faramir, Imrahil) the North Dunedain were more pure, I believe, Aragorn lived around 200 years. Now that I say that, it is funny how the South Dunedain keeps their kingdom even if they were less pure than the north ones, just a comment.

Well, I do love these wonderful series, keep updating and know that I'm a loyal reader.

Fantasia

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Adaneth - 15 Feb 08 - 12:48 PM

Thank you for that lengthy comment, Fantasia.  I'm glad you're enjoying my stories so much.

(This is all a conspiracy to get me to write all weekend, instead of getting my work done, isn't it?  Grin )

Ah, Dírmaen.  Yes, he's been on my mind a lot lately.  Let me finish this story up, and I'll see if I can't get his life a little better sorted out.

As for Gaernath, only time will tell.  Life can be dangerous in Eriador.

I should have another chapter for you soon, so keep dropping by HASA.  There are a lot of other great stories here, too!

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Adaneth - 11 Jun 08 - 10:50 AM

Dear Adaneth,

Mithlond's trade negotiations seem to be lengthy, indeed. Yet surely even Elves must make a decision at some point?

I am yearning to find out about how Saelon and her folk will fare... Any chance of a continuation soon? I would be overjoyed...

Elrûn

Pardon, readers, for leaving you in suspense so long, but it was becoming obvious to me that pressures from real life were starting to take a toll on "After Stormy Seas," and so I set it aside for a while, until I could do it justice.

Things have begun to ease up, and I have returned to the story, making (so far) comparatively minor revisions to Chs. 3-7.  These chapters have been reposted, so if you like, you can tide yourself over and get back into the storyline by looking them over.  Subsequent chapters have been temporarily moved "backstage"--I expect the revisions to become more substantial from here, and am currently working on Ch. 8.

Thank you for the nudge, and I hope to begin posting more regularly in a few weeks.  Grin

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Shelob - 17 Jun 08 - 6:53 PM

Hi Adaneth, I've been enjoying these stories very much even though my tastes usually run more to elves than dwarves. But what happened to Chapters 8,9, and 10? Are you re-writing them or have they vanished permanently?

Shelob

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Adaneth - 18 Jun 08 - 6:59 AM

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying my stories, Shelob.

But what happened to Chapters 8,9, and 10?

*sheepish look*  They are being revised, and Ch. 8 is proving particularly frustrating.  I had hoped to have 8 and 9 to you by now, but it's probably going to be another week or so.

But they will be coming.  I'm almost as tenacious as a Dwarf.  Wink

Thanks for the comment!  They make it easier to go back and face the manuscript again, knowing you're all waiting.

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Elrûn - 30 Sep 08 - 4:35 AM

Adaneth,

Thank you for this wonderful story. Do not let yourself be rushed by impatient readers! I am looking forward to seeing your sequel posted when it is ready.

Elrûn

Go to After Stormy Seas

After Stormy Seas

Lady Bluejay - 24 Jan 11 - 4:37 AM

Wonderful descriptions of the Grey Havens and Cirdan.

And it was a real Middle-earth history lesson.LBJ

Go to After Stormy Seas