Comments for: Tide of Destiny - Part One: Choices

Talk to Lady Bluejay

AndreaH - 22 Feb 08 - 12:30 PM

Ch. :

I'm enjoying this very much, thanks. I was wondering where you were going with Bergit and Edwick and now am wondering even more... AndreaH

Lady Bluejay - 23 Feb 08 - 1:25 AM

Ch. :

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for commenting - I am glad your curiousity is aroused. Bergit story is not over yet, and who said Eomer had an easy life! LBJ

whitewave - 31 May 08 - 12:58 PM

Ch. :

The parallel between Eomer and Lothy's disfavor from their uncles is nice.  Looking forward to more.

Lady Bluejay - 01 Jun 08 - 4:59 AM

Ch. :

Hi Whitewave,

'The parallel between Éomer and Lothy's disfavor from their uncles is nice. Looking forward to more.'

It did work out rather well, more by luck than any real planning by me. LOL. Although, I have tried to mirror thier experiences as much as possible. But the next chapters will take us through the Ring-war, so Eomer's story will be in the forefront.

Thanks for commenting. LBJ

DrummerWench - 13 Jun 08 - 7:40 PM

I have finally had a chance to read through your excellent story.  I'm really enjoying it, and your characters, both canon and OC! Grin

Thanks for writing!

DW

jullipey - 04 Mar 09 - 4:15 PM

I loved this story.  I am looking forward to reading more of Eomer and Lothíriel.

unquiet - 10 Mar 11 - 12:47 PM

This was truly enjoyable! Eomer and Lothiriel stories are among my favourites, but sometimes authors tend to go overboard with the characterization, and put them in situations that I think don't fit very well... you didn't do that, and your story is much more enjoyable because of this. Characterization and events involving the protagonists are believable in the context of Tolkien's universe, and the romance is not too sappy. I'm off to read more from you Smile

Arcadia - 20 Mar 09 - 2:48 PM

Ch. 1: Chapter 1

I really like this story so far, and I'm glad to see it's both a long story and completed. :) Lothiriel and are both turning out to be interesting characters. Looking forward to reading more. ;)

Arcadia - 21 Mar 09 - 4:53 PM

Ch. 5: Chapter 5

I love the role of Gandalf in this. I had suspected it was him last chapter, but the cameo by Narya in this chapter convinced me. That little bit with the fire was clever. ;) I also really like how the realities of life are playing out with Edwick and Bergit, how they can pool many skills to make a living.

Freyalyn - 16 Jan 08 - 12:37 AM

Ch. 6: Chapter 6

It's made of apples.... well, mostly applies...

Love this story.  Many thanks for posting it.

Adaneth - 04 Feb 08 - 6:17 PM

Ch. 7: Chapter 7

Ah, I seem to have missed the last couple of chapters: what a treat to get two at once!

I can't wait to see what you do with the war-mare.  Grin

Cheers--

Adaneth

Lady Bluejay - 05 Feb 08 - 1:13 AM

Ch. 7: Chapter 7

Hi Adaneth,

What am I going to do with the war-mare?

Well, there are a few around who remember the original story, so I hope they will keep quiet.  Wink  Suffice to say – she will have her day!

Thanks for reading,

regards,

LBJ

Arcadia - 22 Mar 09 - 11:14 AM

Ch. 8: Chapter 8

I had been wondering when something like this would happen between Eomer and Bergit, considering the nature of Edwick's injury. It seemed so inevitable, but part of me wants Eomer to push her away. Excellent characterization with Bergit, though. Sort of a lonely desperation and it's actually sad to watch her turn to Eomer, after the trials she and Edwick went through, but it's very real. Well done.

Freyalyn - 10 Mar 08 - 2:27 AM

Ch. 9: Chapter 9

Wow!  Exciting stuff....

And what a horrible cliffhanger to leave us on.

Lady Bluejay - 10 Mar 08 - 2:34 AM

Ch. 9: Chapter 9

Hi Freyalyn,

l am pleased you found it exciting - and I know you won't believe me, but I really did not intend to leave it there - the chapter just got so long.

Wink

Thanks for commenting. LBJ

Nath - 24 Mar 08 - 10:13 AM

Ch. 10: Chapter 10

Good continuation of the action from the previous chapter, even if there is a tragic ending for one character. And a mostly happy Eomer interlude to round off the chapter.

Nath - 13 Apr 08 - 10:31 AM

Ch. 11: Chapter 11

Things are starting to get darker now, but in 3017, they'd have to... Foreshadowing in one location and actual danger in the other.

whitewave - 14 May 08 - 5:05 PM

Ch. 13: Chapter 13

I liked how you plotted the events in Lothiriel's life to flow seamlessly with what happens in the book (the Haradrim alliance with Mordor, Boromir's temptation, etc.).

I also enjoyed the scene with Eomer and Boromir.  They did not have any interaction in the movie and that made it more interesting.

Nath - 20 Mar 09 - 8:29 AM

Ch. 34: Epilogue

Applause! Both for the writing and for reaching the, well an..., endof this part. Looking forward to the continuation.

Arcadia - 24 Mar 09 - 11:04 AM

Ch. 34: Epilogue

This has been such a great story, and I really enjoyed reading it. The development of the relationship between Lothiriel and Eomer was absolute perfection and torture all at once, and I'm definitely looking forward to future installments in this series. I hope we can expect it soon!