Comments for: A New Day

Talk to oshun

A New Day

Silvana - 07 Mar 07 - 1:35 AM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

It is beautiful and very promising, I am eagerly waiting for moooooore!

I liked "Hatred" and it intrigued me and now, that you have woven it so graceful and credible in this story, it gives me a sense of familiarity and warm reassurance, to encounter it again ...this "dark, sizzling ficlet" becomes alive and this is wonderful.

I wish more and more details turn alive until this entire marvelous universe lives and developes a hröa through the power of its mighty fëa to which so many other beautiful fëar bring their contribution.

Silvana

Go to A New Day

A New Day

oshun - 07 Mar 07 - 10:12 AM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

Silvana, thanks so much for reading and reviewing. (It follows my recent Maedhros and Fingon story, "Maitimo and Findekano." Same story arc but very different period of their life.) I am excited about this one, but it will be more of a challenge--more history and politics required. On stealing from Dawn's "Hatred": what a privilege that she is so generous.

Go to A New Day

A New Day

Gandalfs apprentice - 07 Mar 07 - 3:31 PM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

You bring the pain and joy of Maedhros and Fingon marvelously to life.

Go to A New Day

A New Day

Greywing - 07 Mar 07 - 3:53 PM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

Great characterisation, even for the minor characters! I've already told you countless times how much I like the Sindarin healer :)

Go to A New Day

A New Day

Jael - 07 Mar 07 - 4:20 PM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

It has been a lot of fun to watch this story develope from the early drafts.  The final product is superb!

My favorite details are the reaction of Findekano to the new sun.  I had never really thought of that, but it must have taken some getting used to for people used to the light of the Trees, and even more so for those living in starlight or semi-twilight.

I also liked the detail about Maitimo's matted hair and Findekano's desire to spare as much of it as possible.  That had never occured to me either -- the physical effects of exposure on Elven hair and skin.  Nice touch.

Go to A New Day

A New Day

oshun - 07 Mar 07 - 7:19 PM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

Hey, thanks so much for reading, Gandalfs Apprenttice, Jael and Greywing. I am glad it worked for you especially, G.A., since I know elves are not really your thing (although I do sense erosion around the edges of your resistance). I appreciate that you were able to read it again, Jael. I was afraid I'd spoiled it for you forever--multiple drafts from the typo-queen here are torture. I am happy that you like my healer, Greywing, since you have created a classic with the one in your latest WIP.

Go to A New Day

A New Day

Kestrel - 06 Oct 07 - 5:46 PM

Ch. 1: Bright Morning

Maedhros is one of my favorites.  I was surprised and quite pleased to find that someone else sees him with curly hair!  Most fanfiction, and almost every fan-drawn picture, depict him with straight hair.  So I'm glad Fingon was able to save the hair, and the rest of Maedhros.  So far, anyway.  I like the undercurrent of uncertainy here, and feel the Noldor are beginning to realize that this new world they've come to isn't going to be so accepting of them.

Go to A New Day