Comments for: Cophetua

Talk to Jael

Cophetua

Darth Fingon - 09 Feb 07 - 11:02 AM

The thing I like best about this story (and others you've done) is the thoughtful integration of your original characters.  You have a real talent for making them seem alive and real, and especially for making readers identify and care about them.  A story focusing on an OFC romantically involved with a canon character is difficult to pull off well, and I know many readers immediately dismiss these as Mary Suage based on summary alone.  But both your story overall and your original character, Sigrid, are carefully thought out, engaging, and enjoyable, and a refreshing reminder of what a well done OFC romance can be, despite the genre's dodgy reputation.

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

illereyn - 07 Jun 09 - 2:47 AM

This is absolutely beautiful, Jael!  You left me sobbing into my monitor.
I'm glad Thranduil had his wife come back to him, if only briefly, and the knowledge that Legolas would soon know his mother left a very bittersweet taste.
I love the emotional arc of the story, and the characters you developed.

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

maeglin - 07 Jun 09 - 9:00 AM

Wow!  That was incredible... words fail except to say that I can't think of a way it could be done any better.

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

oshun - 01 Feb 07 - 8:30 PM

Ch. 2: Mae Govannen

Great story, filled with unexpected twists, and your usual attention to detail. Always fun to read your interaction between Thranduil and Galion. Oh, yeah, there is a romantic interest as well.

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

TariElfLady - 04 Jun 08 - 11:16 AM

Ch. 2: Mae Govannen

I found your story on the MEFA awards and I'm so glad I did.

It is absolutely delightful. I can hardly wait until I can read more tomorrow.
I'm anxious to see where you take Sigrid and Thranduil.

TariElfLady

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

Crowdaughter - 04 Feb 07 - 12:08 PM

Ch. 6: Leaves of Silver; Leaves of Gold

Hi, Jael!

Beautiful chapter, and very well crafted. We learn a lot about the life in the Woodland realm, and we get some tantalizing glimpses about Legolas' settlement in Ithilien, too. And finally, there is also trouble in paradise! Wagging tongues will not still, and some people never learn their lesson. I do hope that Heledir will get what it his, before the story ends. Again.

As for Sigrid, one can easily connect with her and her concerns in this chapter. Beautifully done! I still love this story very much and can't wait for the next part!

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

Crowdaughter - 06 Feb 07 - 1:29 PM

Ch. 8: Fortune's Fool

Heartbreaking chapter! And the impact is not lessened by the fact that we knew this doom was coming... The imagery you give here - the reference to Hope, the circlet - are to the point and very moving.

Greatly done!

Go to Cophetua

Cophetua

Crowdaughter - 10 Feb 07 - 4:27 PM

Ch. 11: Epilogue: The Sundering Sea

A beautiful ending for a beautiful story, and very fitting, too. Thank you for writing this! I love the different layers and the strong and true emotions in this story. This will stay with me for a long time.

Aislynn