Comments for: Bound by Duty

Talk to Lady Bluejay

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 1:57 PM

Ch. :

I enjoyed the way Lothy used her female intuition and her common sense to get through her first day in her official function as under king.   Makes me wonder how you plan the plot.

AndreaH - 23 May 08 - 2:26 PM

Hello,

This is my favourite of your Lothiriel and Eomer stories, because it follows them after their marriage, as they get to know each other and she settles into life and being Queen. I suppose because it's about her real life, after the happily ever after.

Thanks for the stories,

AndreaH

PS I am also enjoying Tides of Destiny very much!

Lady Bluejay - 23 May 08 - 11:16 PM

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your comment – Bound by Duty is the only story so far that follows Éomer and Lothíriel after their marriage – since they did not really meet until the day before it sort of had to! Laugh out loud

But if you keep with me until Part 3 of Tide of Destiny then that will be a flit through Lothíriel's life as Queen – right up to the end. Glad you are enjoying it. LBJ

Pengolodh - 27 Oct 11 - 5:37 PM

I think this a great fleshing out of the classic Tolkien habit of writing a throwaway line about someone's wife. How you followed their relationship from political marriage and showing how it evolved into something more was just about as perfect as I've ever seen it written. And I really like how it all came from Lothiriel's perspective, rather than trying to keep switching between the two. Seriously, fantastic job!

P.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 10:19 AM

Ch. 1: An unwarranted proposal

This is very romantic too--especially the scene where Eomer and Lothiriel happen to glance at each other.  That was the most vivid scene for me.

whitewave - 13 Apr 08 - 8:32 AM

Ch. 2: A calm acceptance

I'm seriously enjoying your LothirielxEomer stories. Loved the way you write the details--so engaging.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 10:42 AM

Ch. 2: A calm acceptance

Liked the scene of Eowyn and Lothiriel.  I really like how you flesheed out Lothy.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 11:01 AM

Ch. 3: An interesting journey

Loved the initial interaction of Lothy and Eomer.  With my modern sensibilities, I really felt for her here--meeting her future husband a day or so before your wedding.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 11:56 AM

Ch. 4: An understated welcome

I liked the "connection" between Eomer and Lothy even if they have not been together for so long--adds more romance.  This also builds up anticipation for how Lothy will adjust to her new life in Meduseld.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 12:15 PM

Ch. 6: An evenful afternoon

Liked the entrance of Gimli and Legolas.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 1:51 PM

Ch. 10: A triumphant morning.

Liked how Lothy handled the porridge incident.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 1:55 PM

Ch. 13: A dangerous plan

I liked the first scene very much--when the husband transformed to a king.  I like how her feelings are growing for her husband.  Your story is so sweetly addicting.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 2:01 PM

Ch. 17: A waiting game

This chapter was difficult for her but I think it demonstrated her strength.  The way you fleshed her out is great.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 2:02 PM

Ch. 18: A time for healing

Haha! Liked the reunion scene and how amorous Eomer could be even if he's wounded.   It just demonstrates the deepening feelings they have for each other, which were probably heightened by the separation.

whitewave - 27 Apr 08 - 3:54 PM

Ch. 21: Epilogue

Very sweet ending, like a cherry on a sundae.