Comments for: O, Cruel Fate

Talk to Greywing

O, Cruel Fate

Greywing - 16 Nov 06 - 4:14 PM

Thank you all for reading and commenting!

oshun: I'm afraid your dear elf will have to suffer a tiny bit more.

erunyauve: Not very creative, the Elves of the Falas.

G.A: thanks for reading and recommending! You're a dear.

IVIaedhros: Cheers to you too! Glad it amused you for a while.

Go to O, Cruel Fate

O, Cruel Fate

Greywing - 06 Mar 07 - 7:03 AM

Thank you, Raksha and NiRi! I am genuinely pleased that it amused you, and that it didn't seem too Sueish (I hope).

Greywing

Go to O, Cruel Fate

O, Cruel Fate

Jay of Lasgalen - 23 Apr 07 - 5:12 AM

I've only just found this story, but I love it!  'Girl falls into Middle Earth' tales are usually dreary and formulaic, but this is simply hilarious.  I loved Elrond on his high horse (quite literally!)  and Ellie's bewilderment at waking up in the wrong body.

I've decided not to read anything personal into this sentence: 'Heavens, who would have thought the mere sight of a good-looking fellow would cause a group of civilized women to behave like a pack of starving hyenas?'   Hmmm, who indeed??  ROTFLMAO

Jay

Go to O, Cruel Fate

O, Cruel Fate

Greywing - 23 Apr 07 - 7:24 AM

Why thank you, Jay! I am overjoyed that you like it ;) This story is highly self-indulgent, so I'm glad it has some entertainment value!

And no, nothing personal in that line at all. Nope. Cool

Greywing

Go to O, Cruel Fate

O, Cruel Fate

Tyleet - 10 Jul 08 - 1:26 AM

I just have to tell you. I generally hate OCs, I hate "girl travels into Middle Earth scenarios", and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS STORY. Like, really a lot. Thank you so much for sharing this! I can't wait for more. : )

Go to O, Cruel Fate

O, Cruel Fate

lilyoftheval5 - 02 Sep 08 - 5:49 AM

I liked the story - selectively.
I think the explanation of how she ended up in Arda was one of the most plausible ever contrived. I found Ellie's mishaps fun, but I wish there was much more.
Why selectively? Because all the happenings with Valar and in Mandos I simply skipped. I felt that they are ruining the story for me. *shrugs*

Thank you, I hope you'll copntinue to write.

Go to O, Cruel Fate