Comments for: Marking Fours

Talk to Raksha

Marking Fours

nrink nrink - 04 Oct 06 - 6:42 PM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

Hi Raksha,

Wow, four lovely drabbles! I like the symmetry of the four taken together, and to me, the last is the best.

nrink

Go to Marking Fours

Marking Fours

laureleaf - 15 Oct 06 - 7:52 PM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

That was a beautiful way to show how grief always runs its own course...time is irrelivant to the ability to face, cope with, then finally let go.

Go to Marking Fours

Marking Fours

Agape4Gondor - 22 Nov 06 - 7:24 PM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

Raksha,

I really loved this little 4-parter. The last two were difficult to read.... one for the lie he told himself... and one for the truth revealed.

Thank you.

Go to Marking Fours

Marking Fours

Imhiriel - 07 May 07 - 12:17 AM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

I can't remember if I ever commented on this, but I just re-read it and it's still as beautiful and poignant as when I first read it.

I like the progression of time - such an original concept, and it fits so well into the canon chronology and the development of your story and Faramir's coming-to-terms with his father and the grief over his death.

Imhiriel

Go to Marking Fours

Marking Fours

Raksha The Demon - 24 May 07 - 9:24 AM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

Imhiriel

Thanx much, Imhiriel.  I think the anguish over not only his father's death but Denethor's last deeds, would have been too great for Faramir to really process in a few days or weeks, especially since he almost immediately would have had pressing duties to perform as well as having to deal with Eowyn.  Denethor's actions in ROTK regarding Faramir would probably have taken his son many years to understand, if indeed he ever could completely understand them, but he at least could finally grieve for his father.

I'm glad you liked the piece!

Go to Marking Fours

Marking Fours

Elena Tiriel - 28 Jul 07 - 5:02 PM

Ch. 1: Marking Fours

Oh, my, Raksha!

What a breathtakingly powerful series of vignettes.

I was so relieved when Faramir was finally able to mourn... and it brought tears to my eyes, too.

Beautifully done!