Comments for: The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Talk to Jael

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

LaAcadian - 21 May 07 - 3:17 PM

Jael,

I thoughly enjoyed your story. Especially appreciate that you protray Thranduil as a noble king not a greedy elf and severe father. I can not imagine Thranduil did not love his son. He  had an enormously expensive mithril shirt made to protect Legolas.

Your characters are well rounded. Your use of dialogue good. Your setting well describe and easy to visualize. But most impressive was the pacing. The battle flowed well and was engaging. The conflict was good and believable. I could not stop reading and I found myself lost into the story.

Well Done! I look forward to read more of your stories.

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 7:16 PM

Ch. 1: A Mirkwood Pastorale

Oh, I find I like the thought that there were simultaneous feasts going on here and there throughout the forest.  Nicely done.  And I can appreciate Thranduil's fears.

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Azalais - 29 Oct 10 - 12:26 AM

Ch. 1: A Mirkwood Pastorale

Have just discovered this story and enjoyed Chapter 1 immensely! I have thought for ages that a tale of The Hobbit from the Elves' point of view would be fascinating - and here it is.

Legolas is one of my favourite characters, so I will be intrigued to see what you make of him - so far I thought his relationship with Thranduil is spot on. There's some great description in this chapter and some lovely humour - I laughed out loud at the Dwarf demanding his bread and water and tiny cell, and at Legolas' reaction!

Looking forward to reading the rest...

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 7:32 PM

Ch. 2: A Gentle-elf And A Scholar

I love the sensitivity to Bilbo's unseen and unheard presence, and the catching of the scent of pipeweed.  And of course Legolas would prove a gentle-elf, scholar, and officer of high caliber.  And now Helerdil is demoted rightfully with no need for Legolas to raise a hand to achieve vengeance!  Heh!

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Azalais - 29 Oct 10 - 1:00 AM

Ch. 2: A Gentle-elf And A Scholar

Legolas as a librarian, indeed? ... no, I couldn't see it either. Though I can imagine him reverencing a map made by Oropher himself.

Delights in this chapter again - I love the fact (which I meant to comment on in Chapter I) that Legolas senses the presence of the Ring and is made very uneasy by it. (Poor L - what must that have made journeying with Frodo like?)

Lovely details like the smell of pipeweed, and Bilbo purloining Legolas' food, and the "fanciful" design of the oliphaunt chess-piece (if only L knew...)

Lovely work again!

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 7:41 PM

Ch. 3: Upon The Cold Hillside

I can appreciate how Legolas felt throughout, and particularly at the news of his new assignment.  But I appreciate Thranduil's concern, also.

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 8:22 PM

Ch. 4: A Soldier Of The King

At last they have seen the Hobbit.  And Bilbo has shown his innate integrity, to the example of all!

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 8:37 PM

Ch. 5: What Marches Down The Mountain Pass?

At last Beorn and the Eagles have come, and Thorin has come to his senses.  Alas for Galion!

Go to The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

The Call Of Duty: Legolas At Erebor

Larner - 28 Oct 10 - 8:48 PM

Ch. 6: All That Is Finished, Let It Fade

I find myself wondering what the amorphous silver thing was Legolas stumbled over, unless it was Bilbo wearing the Ring.

Lovely tale!