Comments for: Crossing Borders

Talk to IgnobleBard

Crossing Borders

Jael - 31 Aug 06 - 1:20 PM

Ch. :

Like Faramir, words fail me.  Nice 'payoff' scene.  Just the right amount of hesitation and inexperience here.

And thank you, thank you, for giving us something other than the ubiquitously convenient bottle of oil!  Candle grease might be a little too much realism for some folks, but it merely made me glad I live in the Twenty-first Century!  LOL

This was a good story.

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

Crowdaughter - 26 Nov 06 - 3:26 PM

Ch. :

Sweet ending. The flight of Faramir at the start and the confession between him and Eomer at the end of the first chapter are intense. And the build-up and the encounter between them is well written too. Your pairing would normally not be my cuüp of tea, but I like the way you wrote this very much. And it works beautifully, too! Thank you!

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

IgnobleBard - 26 Nov 06 - 10:50 PM

Crowdaughter,

I appreciate your lovely comments, they mean a lot to me. This is not a pairing I would normally write either, but I had a friend request it and I aim to please. lol  I've always liked Faramir and thought this would make for an interesting AU to get him involved in. I'm glad you liked what I did with the concept.

Mike

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

dwelf - 30 Nov 06 - 5:57 AM

Hello,

I am glad your story was finally published.

It is as i said in my review a very good rendering of what the circumstances must have been in the Third Age Middle Earth. And a powerful and intense relationship between the two warlords.

The consumption of their feeling has just the right touch of shyness, sweetness and passion, characteristics of the two men.

I am still not sure that Faramir was up to it, just a few hours after his enjailment, but it sounds right, and afterall it IS a story.

Dwelf

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

IgnobleBard - 30 Nov 06 - 6:35 AM

Dwelf,

I tried to write and thank you for your excellent review but the email bounced back. Please allow me to express my gratitude for the comments you made in reviewing the story. They were very thought provoking and insightful, the best I have seen. It's true that Faramiir was in pretty bad shape at the end, but he's young and determined and I thought he'd be able to handle it. And as it turned out, he was. Wink

Unfortunately, the story was declined for inclusion in the public archives but I very much appreciate both your kind words and your support.

Mike

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

Balrog - 20 May 07 - 10:24 PM

Ch. :

This was a great story of passion and friendship between two warriors of Middle Earth.  I liked it when you put the part in about the sight of what Éomer did to Faramir's back.  It must have pained Éomer to see.

Thanks will read more of yours.

balrog

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

IgnobleBard - 21 May 07 - 9:08 PM

Ch. :

Balrog,

I don't usually write about Faramir because he's so hard to capture, so I'm especially glad that it reads well. I'm very glad you liked this story. It's one of my favorites.

Go to Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders

Jael - 31 Aug 06 - 12:47 PM

Ch. 1: Crossing Borders

The horse lord's eyes grew cold. "Then you would be a disgrace to your people..." Faramir's heart was slashed at these words, but Éomer continued. "...as I would be a disgrace to mine."

If all slash were written this well, I think I would read a lot more slash.  Thank you for the dose of realism, and the understanding that being homosexual in Middle-earth would be no walk in the park.  This gives your story a dramatic depth beyond the merely sexual.

Thank you for sharing this one.

Go to Crossing Borders