Comments for: Gentlemen's Night Out

Talk to oshun

Gentlemen's Night Out

Soubrettina - 14 Jan 07 - 4:07 PM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

This amused me more than a little.

"Legolas, you are a thick-head.

That also amused me more than a little. It's a bit different.

I know you consider this way out of cannon, but this version of Legolas- keen, wry, dauntless and unashamedly sexual- was a revelation and really quite appealing- I think with familiarity in my imagination he can sometimes get 'softened up'- by other writers, too- and it's sharp and refreshing to see his 'otherness' suddenly brought out again- unearving and very self-possesed, rather as I suppose we should remember he probably would be the first time you saw him.

Go to Gentlemen's Night Out

Gentlemen's Night Out

oshun - 14 Jan 07 - 4:31 PM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

Thanks for the comment, Soubrettina. I am so glad you enjoyed this piece. Written as a bit of humor, I did hope it captured a few other subtleties about the characters involved. I was delighted that you picked up on those.

Go to Gentlemen's Night Out

Gentlemen's Night Out

Aiwendiel - 06 Oct 08 - 6:42 PM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

Totally loved this! I have always thought that the standard "teaching" on Elvish sexuality had to be a bunch of bunk! Either that, or they were all the most boring and pitiful creatures in the universe. "When one picked up the book it fell right open to those pages, so worn were they by frantic Elven fingers thumbing through them, futilely searching for some small shred of enlightenment or hope."  You captured just the right atmosphere and conversation between a group of normal, semi-sober male buddies talking about...what they always talk about. Thanks for "clearing up" this old misconception!

Aiwendiel

Go to Gentlemen's Night Out

Gentlemen's Night Out

RiverOtter - 07 Oct 08 - 7:45 AM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

This is marvelous.  I often wondered how much misunderstanding is created by assumption.

Go to Gentlemen's Night Out

Gentlemen's Night Out

Lissa - 18 Oct 08 - 1:36 PM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

Oshun,

what a marvellous tale!

I can see Erchirion quite clearly as he sits at his desk, a fire in the hearth, penning down his memories of the night he learned about the true customs of the Elves. *g*

Go to Gentlemen's Night Out

Gentlemen's Night Out

oshun - 18 Oct 08 - 8:27 PM

Ch. 1: A Letter to His Son by Prince Erchirion of Dol Amroth

Thanks, Lissa, for the lovely comment and belatedly, RiverOtter and Aiwendiel for yours as well. So happy that you enjoyed the story. It was just an irreverent little tale, but I got a kick out of writing it.

Thanks again-- Oshun