Comments for: Wind of Change

Talk to Imhiriel

Wind of Change

Lady Masterblott - 29 Nov 06 - 2:11 PM

A very moving piece. It brought back a lot of memories to me in an instant.

- Even if, back when it happened, I felt oddly - untouched by the events. It's always the same: If something really large happens, I block it out, to deal with it later, from some distance. But I remember seeing the same pictures on TV in November 1989, and my father cried.

And THAT touched me, even back then. It still does touch me that there still are moments when ppl can think of something else than their own affairs. I seriously hope it wasn't the last time.

As for Maglor: Somehow I can see him right there. (And in any case: As far as singing is concerned: Better him than David Hasselhoff! ;) )

Margit

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

Elena Tiriel - 18 Dec 07 - 12:52 AM

Oh, my goodness, Imhiriel, this story left me in tears! I saw Larner's comment on the HASA front page, and had to see what the story was about, and I am sooo glad I read it.

I remember the Fall clearly, despiting living practically on the other side of the world... some employees of the German divisions of the company I worked for sent emails describing their experiences, and it was profoundly heartening.

And your story thrilled me, almost as if I was there, part of the scene.

My heart went out to Maglor, seeing the twins and being reminded of his beloved foster sons, so many millennia later.... But I was so glad when he overcame his self-imposed silence... I could almost hear him, singing like an angel!

This is a superb story, Imhiriel - thank you for sharing it!

- Barbara

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

demeter d - 21 Sep 06 - 10:04 PM

Ch. 1: Wind of Change

I just read your piece about Elrond's voyage to the West, and thought I would look at more of your work.  The description of Maglor's voice is wondrous.Since he seemed to becomme lost to histoy, I can see him wandering about in the dealings of men, observing through the years.  One can only imagine the feelings upon looking at the twin boys.  Elrond and Elros seemed to have been very good for him.  Lovely work!

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

pv - 14 Nov 06 - 8:06 PM

Ch. 1: Wind of Change

I loved this - especially the description of Maglor's singing!

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

Larner - 17 Dec 07 - 7:14 PM

Ch. 1: Wind of Change

Ah, Imhiriel--a wonderful way to bring ME into our history.  Excellent!

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

Elena Tiriel - 25 Dec 10 - 7:16 AM

Ch. 1: Wind of Change

Yep... still gives me goosebumps and tears of joy!

- Barbara

Go to Wind of Change

Wind of Change

Aiwendiel - 04 Dec 13 - 2:30 PM

Ch. 1: Wind of Change

Just discovered this remarkable story in the rotating featured story -- wow! Breathtaking, so poignant, to imagine Maglor still with us, still wandering in exile, still singing with his magnificent voice, still so very lonely. What a very special tale, and well deserving of its MEFA! SO glad I found it. Aiwendiel

Go to Wind of Change