Comments for: The Princess and the Horse Lord

Talk to oshun

The Princess and the Horse Lord

mistry89 - 06 Oct 07 - 3:57 AM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

I do like clueless-Eowyn blundering where diplomats fear to tread!

The chapter ending was ominous - eagerly awaiting the update :)

Thank you.

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

Crowdaughter - 06 Oct 07 - 10:42 AM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

Hi, Oshun!

I haven't read much of this story sio far, and now, reading this chapter, I am asking myself why I was such a fool not to read more of it much sooner! What a delightful picture you draw here of the tournament and the Elves there, and what a great view at the interactions of the characters. I like!

Now I am eagerly waiting for the next one. Smile

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

oshun - 06 Oct 07 - 5:57 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

Mystry, so glad you enjoyed it--I do like Eowyn in this story too. (Although I actually like all of the characters or I would not have chosen to write them--but my favorites so far, for different reasons, are Eowyn (the most direct), Eomer (decent), Faramir (the smartest) and Elladan (the darkest and most sexy).) Hope you can stick with it. I know it is long, but the end is in sight (plotted to the end and several chapters already written, although, alas, not the next one!).

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

oshun - 06 Oct 07 - 6:03 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

Crowdaughter, I am so pleased you like it. It holds a special place in my heart as my first real novel. It was started in response to a challenge from a friend to write about Men. As you can see, the elves won't stay in the background. So much for meeting that challenge. Just a teaser especially for you, cause I know you like him, Legolas plays a big part in future chapters--big double chapter already written that is all about him.

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

Bardess - 09 Oct 07 - 2:09 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

Nice to see this story up and running again.  The couples are developing familiar, if not always comfortable, relationships.  Aragorn and Arwen bicker about him having had too much to drink. How funny.   Eomer and Lothiriel are spatting like a married couple.  Of course Eomer is going to be possesive and jealous. 1. He's in love 2. A king has every right to expect that his children really will be of his blood.  That's the way paternalistic laws of inheiritance work.

Eowyn is a hoot.  She is forthright to the point of being brutally honest.  A hearty guffaw for 'Every elf and man below is looking over the ladies in the stand like they are thinking of buying one.'  and a big laugh for her comment about Lothiriel and Elladan putting so much energy into choosing not to get along.

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

telpethoniel - 05 Dec 07 - 9:29 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

awww!  I'm back after over a year and still following...I waaannt another chapter lol *taps foot impatiently*

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

telpethoniel - 05 Dec 07 - 9:32 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

begs like Lothiriel after a week away from men LOL!!!

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

oshun - 05 Dec 07 - 9:47 PM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

For shame, Telepethoniel. You'll give the girl a bad name. Ha! Updates have been slow, but have not been forgotten. I have a great deal more of the novel already drafted, just not the next chapter yet. I promise to deliver.

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord

The Princess and the Horse Lord

mistry89 - 14 Sep 08 - 12:28 AM

Ch. 29: Funeral Games in Minas Tirith

There's goes discretion, diplomacy and "playing nice" out the window!

Go to The Princess and the Horse Lord