Comments for: All in a Day's Work

Talk to Gwynnyd

All in a Day's Work

Ti'ana Luthien - 15 Feb 06 - 4:10 PM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

Hi Gwynnyd!

I really, *really* enjoyed this - you convey so much with so little (the beauty of the drabble) and the vision of a piratey Imrahil was just wonderful.

This was actually the first Imrahil fic I'd ever read - so thank you for making it such an enjoyable experience!

Cheers,

Ti :)

Go to All in a Day's Work

All in a Day's Work

Imhiriel - 16 May 07 - 2:16 PM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

The build-up of this drabble series is marevellous. Not only is each drabble in itself complete, but they also build on the previous one and so paint a picture that is bigger than its parts. And it also gives a picture of the many diverse professions it takes to work together successfully.

The strategy for this battle is very well considered. Trust Imrahil to be so sneaky Cool!

I admire the amount of little details you managed to include in each drabble: the mariners tossing the bales onto the dock, the ship seeming so ineptly handled, the archer being asked to think of the chained oarsmen...

And the end, reserved - naturally - for the Prince himself - was a worthy climax. Of course he would make good use of the Corsair ship and its contents!

Go to All in a Day's Work

All in a Day's Work

Larner - 27 Dec 07 - 12:24 PM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

Ah, so wonderful a series of ficlets these, Gwynnyd--and particularly as they feature Imrahil's wisdom as they do!  Marvelous!

Go to All in a Day's Work

All in a Day's Work

Elena Tiriel - 26 Mar 08 - 8:18 PM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

Ah, what a delightful series of drabbles, each a perfect gem, and each building together to make a whole that is well beyond the sum of its parts.

I love the rich sensory details that make me feel as if I'm actually witnessing these events... the farmer only noticing the alarm bell in its absence, the haphazard piles of merchandise, the ship wallowing and drifting, the young marine scrabbling backwards, the heave of the swell gauged by the experienced archer, the uneven series of thuds, the scent of southron spices....

This is exactly what a drabble series should be! (Which is why I've added it to my Inspiring Drabbles list....)

I've seen it featured on the HASA front page a couple times in the last few weeks, and eagerly drop everything to re-read it yet again. Thank you for sharing this well-matched string of polished, faceted jewels with us!

Very, very nicely done!

- Barbara

Go to All in a Day's Work

All in a Day's Work

Gwynnyd - 26 Mar 08 - 9:21 PM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

Thank you so much! This was a fun series to write, and it gave me an excuse to play Mike Longcor's version of Kipling's "The Ballad of the Clampherdown" way too loudly and over and over for inspiration.  Steal from the best, I always say. Wink

Gwynnyd

Go to All in a Day's Work

All in a Day's Work

Freyalyn - 06 Feb 10 - 8:17 AM

Ch. 1: All in a Day's Work

I really felt the excitement and euphoria, and nearly smelt the sea and blood with this one - it really caught me up in the whole feel of the story.

Go to All in a Day's Work