Comments for: Divine Intervention

Talk to Meril

Divine Intervention

Dwimordene - 26 Mar 07 - 6:40 AM

I've already read your Yavanna verse--it is absolutely delightful. Nevertheless, this is more a response to the promise of more coming--bring it on! These are marvellous!

Dwim

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Meril - 26 Mar 07 - 9:33 AM

*grin*  Thank you, Dwim!  I'm having fun writing tricksy, manipulative Valar.

Allie

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Elfhild - 30 Mar 07 - 11:07 PM

Hi,

This looks to be a fun and enjoyable series. Your poetry style is very expressive and animated. Ah, what games the Powers play with the lowly mortals. :) I look forward to reading what you write about the other goddesses.

Elfhild

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Klose - 25 Jan 08 - 11:27 AM

Allie, this is delightful -- and I sincerely hope the muse returns to provide us with more!

In my last re-read of LotR, I did find myself catching on all the little allusions that Tolkien makes of the Valar 'participating', in their own way, in the event of the Ring War, and I found myself wondering about what they must have done during the Ring War, and in the events of Arda following the First Age. So I do love this premise!

That it is done in freestyle verse - always an iffy style, but not so here - adds strength to the pieces, and a lovely touch of wry humour.

The Homer quote is brilliantly appropriate - and how you've brought that to the Valier just as much so: "Later, as She examines a divine fingernail". Grin

"She smiles, pleased, and
a galaxy flares to life."

Splendid!

The following piece works off of the "Varda" piece so well. I adore your characterisations, and how you've made these Queens of the Valar so -- accessible.

I think I'm a Yavanna fan here -

So she spited him with many
difficulties

[snip]

Ha.
Ha.

*dies* Yes, Bad Aragorn! ;)

I wonder who might possibly be next - Nienna? I would like to see what you make of her emo-weepiness. I hope we will see more of this soon - in the meantime, thank you for sharing! Enjoyed this very much.

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Meril - 27 Jan 08 - 9:33 PM

:)  Thank you for the recent comments, Klose, Rithralinde, Crowdaughter, and Barbara!  I do want to continue this series, and I hope the inspiration strikes sometime soon.

And Elfhild, thank you for commenting nearly nine months ago: I'm *so* sorry for not replying, but I hadn't set my profile to e-mail me comments, and that one slipped right past me!

Anyway, it makes me very happy when my story amuses people, so thank you all for taking the time to comment!

~Allie (aka Meril)

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Gandalfs apprentice - 26 Mar 07 - 6:04 AM

Ch. 1: Varda

A delight to read and see! I'll hunt up the suggested music and read it again....a refreshing approach, and more than a little Homeric indeed. I'm glad to see that this is a Work in Progress. Keep it coming.

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Meril - 26 Mar 07 - 6:25 AM

Ch. 1: Varda

Thanks, GA! The Varda double drabble was written some time ago (about two years, I think), but I always intended the story to be a series.   The bunny attacked me again yesterday, and Part 2 is written and more is coming.  :)

Thanks!

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Rithralindë - 09 Dec 07 - 5:31 PM

Ch. 2: Yavanna

Ha! :-D This is lovely, witty and flows well. I really liked the conversation between her and Varda, leaves them 'godly' but also shows their more 'human' side. Smile

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Crowdaughter - 26 Jan 08 - 4:17 PM

Ch. 2: Yavanna

Hi, Meril! That was wonderful! I love the way you play with the placing of the words, and the way Yavanna's jealousy works to bring about some good things, ion the end. Yay for a great and very creative look at the Valar! I like! Smile

Go to Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Elena Tiriel - 27 Jan 08 - 4:10 AM

Ch. 2: Yavanna

Oh, Allie, this is hilarious!

I always wondered where the latest incarnation of the White Tree, the one that King Scruffy found, came from.... LOLOL!

Well done!