Comments for: The Sword of Elendil

Talk to Gandalfs apprentice

The Sword of Elendil

pandemonium_213 - 18 Jan 09 - 7:06 AM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

I'll happily feed your muse.

I liked the "mechanism" of Aragorn's application of elven healing.  Your descriptions of this rang very true for me, but I am admitting my own biases here.  And this "...whirling like a fallen leaf into a vortex as black as Morgoth's heart."  Wonderful!  The lingering phantasm in Aragorn's memory is a good touch of foreshadowing, too.

I adore your Halbarad and Aragorn, and even in the midst of peril, the lightness of their banter and long friendship w/ one another are apparent.  I'm thrilled to see Daeron redeemed, of course.

And Drauchir?  What an excellent bad guy!  Very inspired.

As always, your descriptions of the landscape make it a character in itself.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

DrummerWench - 18 Jan 09 - 2:04 PM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

Hey, G.A. -
Great to see this updated again!  You keep the tension and suspense up, and maintain (and develop!) the relationships among the characters.

As it turns out, I really like Daeron.  Beleg / Drauchir is great, too, in a very scary and creepy way.

The healing scene is well-thought out and tense and a bit puzzling for us and for A.--excellent!

Also like this nod to the books:

"Well, you can laugh, but I can't. You are white as a ghost."

"A poor choice of words." Aragorn frowned. "Don't say such things."

Again, very good!  Hope the Muse sticks around for more of the same!
DW

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Aerenos - 20 Jan 09 - 7:04 PM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

I'll echo the previous comments - another great entry in The Sword of Elendil.  I like how Aragon's confidence is tested in this chapter, and the opportunity you've created to develop him further.  Awesome story!

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

RS - 28 Jan 09 - 10:59 PM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

Six more chapters?? Darn... I would hate to see this story end.

Long cliffhangers regardless, it always pleases me to see updates!

Hope Rodnor does not succumb to this phantom sorcery.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Gandalfs apprentice - 29 Jan 09 - 8:39 AM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

Pandemonium, DrummerWench, Aerenos, RS: Thanks for your comments on the ongoing drama of Aragorn's young manhood. He's still got many challenges to face, even after the threat of the sorcerer is overcome--including coming to some kind of resolution about a certain Elf-maiden, and meeting that crusty old wizard. I appreciate your patience with the slow progress of the story.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Casso - 10 Mar 09 - 1:47 PM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

I can see, in this story, Aragorn developing into the sort of man who will become a great leader of Middle Earth.  This is a wonderful story. I see RS's comment re six more chapters, while that sounds great I will hate to see this story end.  Looking forward to more Aragorn / Arwen and Gandalf.

Keep up the great work.  Can't wait for more. Am re reading my favorite bits while I wait.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Larner - 18 Oct 10 - 7:15 AM

Ch. 25: The Power of Elven Healing

A nasty wight, this one.  I hope Aragorn got him out of there!

Go to The Sword of Elendil