Comments for: The Sword of Elendil

Talk to Gandalfs apprentice

The Sword of Elendil

RS - 09 Oct 07 - 9:22 PM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

I do believe that Aragorn would rather face the harsh scrutiny of his fellow Rangers back at the Angle then go through this torturous emotions of the heart!  Once again you've left this reader's stomach all tied up in knots!

What would you lose to let me be with you? ...Though Aragorn thinks he has matured, he still has room to "wise up", with a statement like that and all.

His agonizing resolve at the end was very heartbreaking...very determined but so SAD.

Seeing Aragorn go through this is torment..I often have to remind myself the outcome with his relationship with Arwen to get me out of my bleakness.

His time with his twin foster brother was a lot of fun! ......Aragorn scoffed as he threw off his clothes yet again....MY, MY!!

Hope your updates will be sooner.

RS

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Casso - 09 Oct 07 - 10:42 PM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

Spoilers for those who read comments before reading the chapter

I am woefully ignorant of matters pertaining to wrestling but am I to assume that it is done naked? Wow, I doubt I will get over this scene anytime soon.

I do feel for Arwen, I think she feels more for Aragorn than she will admit, He must not be distracted from his 'Destiny', did her father tell her this? Far from warning Aragorn off his daughter, was it the other way around? Did he warn his daughter off Aragorn?

I loved this chapter, nice family dynamics, angst, naked stuff, heartbroken Aragorn.  Keep up the great work.

Write again soon.

Casso

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

obsidianj - 11 Oct 07 - 11:35 AM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

Oh, this chapter is heartbreaking. "I am Estel no longer. Hope is left behind." Aragorn is in a bad place, spiritually, with this thought. I hope that he will find hope again soon. Having no hope is a really desolate place to be.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Gandalfs apprentice - 13 Oct 07 - 9:43 AM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

Thanks, RS, Casso and obsidianj, for your kind comments on "The Sword of Elendil." Yes, Aragorn is suffering a lot in this chapter; it's a turning point in the story, as you will see. One of the reasons I wrote the naked wrestling scene was to relieve the grimness a bit. Glad it worked!

Updates will be slow but steady.

G.A.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

oshun - 14 Oct 07 - 8:04 AM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

You did warn there were naked men in this chapter. You didn't convey how cute they would be. I am sorry, just ignore me--this is a novel of high seriousness; above that kind of nonsense (well, not entirely, I hope). Wonderful chapter. Arwen is in trouble, whether she fully realizes it or not. Aragorn is charmingly vulnerable and just a shade callow (appropriate to his age). I guess that is what this novel is all about--tracing the growth. I do love that last line: Operatic in its histrionics and, yet, so believable of this serious young man. (Hope he never entirely loses that passion though.)

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Aerenos - 29 Dec 07 - 7:27 AM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

I'm sorry that I've been away for so long and missed keeping up with this story.  I am caught up now, however, and I loved the read!

You really capture Aragorn's spirit and "rawness" well - raised by elves, yes, but definitely a Dunadan.

Go to The Sword of Elendil

The Sword of Elendil

Larner - 17 Oct 10 - 11:48 PM

Ch. 16: The Evenstar

Aragorn will find he will never truly leave Estel completely behind.  But he does still have some growing up to do!

Go to The Sword of Elendil