Comments for: Only a Game

Talk to JunoMagic

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 19 Apr 06 - 4:07 AM

lol, saved and read it ages ago, I sooooooooo wanna be Jarro! I was at the point of tears when I finished Only a Game, it was awesome! And Return of the Shadow takes their relationship to a whole new level.

It's nice to find out Elrohirs reactions when Jarro gives birth :P

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 04 May 06 - 5:09 PM

I love when Elrohir and Jarro are having an intense moment and walking side by side, the tension builds then Jarro steps in a pot hole, that was soooo funny

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

JunoMagic - 04 May 06 - 11:58 PM

Hi Tel,

I'm glad you liked that stumble. *g* But life is like that, isn't it? The universe doesn't seem to take much notice of what would be the perfect! romantic! weather to happen or similar things. Instead, more often than not, it will supply holes to stumble in, dog poop to step in, and rain when you least need it.

Oh well. You get used to it.

Cheers,
Juno

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 24 May 06 - 3:09 AM

This story is so visual, I've read it over and over (at least 10 times) and I never get tired of it.

You made Elrohir seem so mortal and yet ethereal, elves in LOTR were distant and unreachable (Legolas accepted) we get to see their emotion rather than just blank and withdrawn

His confidence and personality is just so tangible, I'm yet to find a character that I haven't seen portrayed in a film that I can visualize as well as I can with Elrohir

I'd certainly be at the head of the line for him if they opened a Middle Earth dating service :p

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 19 Nov 07 - 1:41 PM

Read it again over a year later...I still cry at the end LOL and I'm still enraptured by your description of Elrohir...Beautiful story JunoMagic!

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

lilyoftheval5 - 30 Sep 08 - 5:20 AM

Thank you very much for the story!
I grew very fond of Jarro, and I think the way she was brought to Arda was very plausible. It was a really bittersweet ending, but I'm glad for the wonderful experience.
All well!

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 25 Feb 06 - 8:46 PM

Ch. 20: Beyond the Circles of this World

This story is awesome, You personified Elrohir in a way that could have only been matched by Tolkien himself.

I love fanfics and this is in my top 5 of all time!

Tel

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

JunoMagic - 01 Mar 06 - 2:49 AM

Ch. 20: Beyond the Circles of this World

Hi Tel,

Thank you for reading "Only a Game" and for taking the time to leave a comment.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the story so much.

It was interesting to show in "Only a Game" how Elrohir would react if he was for the first time in his long life separated from his brother, and how he would be able to shape a life of his own for himself.

I'm glad that you feel I succeeded with his characterization.

I don't know if you are aware that "Only a Game" is actually a prequel of one of my other stories, "The Tides of Time and the Bones of the Earth", which is also posted here at HASA, and that I am working on a sequel for both stories. The sequel is called "Return of the Shadow". At the moment it is not yet available at HASA, but you can have a look at it at Tolkien Fan Fiction, here: "Return of the Shadow"

If you have the time to look at one or the other of those stories, I'd be very interested to hear what you think about it!

Thank you again. Happy reading!

Yours
JunoMagic

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

telpethoniel - 19 Apr 06 - 4:07 AM

Ch. 20: Beyond the Circles of this World

It's nice to find out Elrohirs reactions when Jarro gives birth :P

Go to Only a Game

Only a Game

JunoMagic - 19 Apr 06 - 9:30 AM

Ch. 20: Beyond the Circles of this World

Hi Tel,

Thank you for coming back. :-)

"It's nice to find out Elrohirs reactions when Jarro gives birth :P"

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun tying my stories together in "Shadow" and showing a bit more about what how the life of Jarro and Elrohir continued.

I hope to get another chapter written this week, so maybe we'll see each other over at "Return of the Shadow" soon!

Yours