Comments for: Roots

Talk to Dwimordene

Roots

docmon - 20 Jan 06 - 7:10 PM

What a great story! I really enjoyed seeing the two become friends. It was interesting to see how they seemed so alien at times to each other. And thank you for the epilogues! You know we would have been wondering about the fate of Aradhil.

Well done!

Go to Roots

Roots

Dwimordene - 21 Jan 06 - 8:50 AM

Hi docmon,

It was interesting to see how they seemed so alien at times to each other.

Oh good, I'm glad that worked. Thanks for your comments.

Dwim

Go to Roots

Roots

RS - 19 Nov 06 - 1:48 PM

Your characterization of a young and curious Legolas (towards Aragorn) is very refreshing!

This was marvelous. It had everything in a story that a person could want!  A little eerie at times.  I couldn't help but laugh when the werewolf gave my favorite Ranger a kiss (I would have done the same if I were the werewolf---come on!--who wouldn't!).

I felt an aching in my heart for Aradhil. His character was so realistic.   Such as your characters.... so life like and complex that one would like to make it right for them...SAD. I enjoyed this!  Please keep writing!

RS

Go to Roots

Roots

oshun - 15 Jan 06 - 10:15 AM

Ch. 1: Meeting in Mirkwood

I read this story last night (hadn't seen it or I would have read it sooner) and liked it very much. I am working on a Mirkwood piece myself right now and doing a lot of prep work. So, reading someone your fully-developed environment was fascinating. Are you reworking it? I noticed you updated the first Chapter.

I'm putting it my "alerts" just in case.

Oshun

Go to Roots

Roots

Dwimordene - 15 Jan 06 - 5:01 PM

Ch. 1: Meeting in Mirkwood

Oshun,

I'm not reworking, just cleaning things up a bit. No need to go scrambling. I'm glad you liked the story. If you ever want to chat in more detail on anything, feel free to use my forum. I'm still getting used to the comments.

Dwim

Go to Roots

Roots

docmon - 14 Jan 06 - 5:23 PM

Ch. 2: Old, New, Borrowed, True

I'm finally getting to read this story, and already, after two chapters, I'm engrossed in it! It's your wonderful writing, which beautifully captures the sense of the archaic language, and your excellent portrayal of the characters. You manage to keep Legolas and Aragorn in character while enhancing the characters to the point where they are very much your own at the same time. Quite a feat. I look forward to the rest!

Go to Roots

Roots

Dwimordene - 15 Jan 06 - 9:58 AM

Ch. 2: Old, New, Borrowed, True

Hi docmon,

I'm glad you've been enjoying "Roots" so far, and that the characterization seems to hold while not being simply repetitive of the books. Thanks for your comments!

Dwim