Comments for: Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Talk to finch

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Pen 52 - 20 Sep 06 - 5:35 PM

I don't have the words to describe how well written this is - thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Shasta - 26 Mar 07 - 4:07 PM

This is a beautiful depiction of Maglor in history, like the "chance meetings" that Tolkien himself is so fond of.

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

pitya - 21 May 07 - 5:27 PM

amazing images--i thoroughly enjoy reading your work.

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Greywing - 20 Sep 06 - 5:47 AM

Ch. 2: Two

Forgive me my SECOND comment in a day... I could not help but read your story again.. it resonates within me, somehow, all that you say about art.

"'I wondered if you were a fallen angel, beautiful but doomed, come to tempt me with the images of my own devising. One who knows the desire hidden in the heart of all artists - the wish to see their art come alive as if they were the equals of the Creator."

Too true...

The Elvish magic bit was well incoporated as well- I did not think many people knew what Tolkien wrote about Elvish music, and am duly impressed by the way you have decided to write about it. -bows respectfully-

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Greywing - 20 Sep 06 - 5:31 AM

Ch. 3: Afterword and Author's Notes

I loved this... you have a lovely style of writing.

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Lasciate Ogne Speranza?

Otto - 25 Jul 07 - 5:39 PM

Ch. 3: Afterword and Author's Notes

For some reason I never noticed this story until today, although I have been following this site since 2004.  Also I have never commented on any story before, but had to do so for this one (though perhaps even the author of the fan-fiction has now moved on and forgotten the work).  Dante and Tolkien, my two favorite writers, dealt with at once!  (By the way, I think Tolken's snide remark about the poet was just a hasty error on his part, or an exaggerated expression of his disdain for a few petty passages that marred the masterpiece.)  I was intrigued how the author brought Tolkien's theory of artistic "sub-creation" into the discussion.  Very well done

Go to Lasciate Ogne Speranza?