Comments for: Hands of the King

Talk to Anglachel

Hands of the King

oshun - 09 Dec 05 - 6:03 PM

Ch. 39: Change

You are weaving a delightfully tangled web here. Only after I had stumbled onto and read your new chapter posting twice thinking: "I am going to need all this," did I get the e-mail notification containing your description: "Much ground laying for later plot excitement." Enjoyed the further interpretation of  bonding among the Dúnedain.

Go to Hands of the King

Hands of the King

Kateydidnt - 10 Dec 05 - 2:09 PM

Ch. 39: Change

Really good chapter. Although I wonder, Thorongil is without a doubt Faithful, yet can he see the Change in Finduilas and Denethor? I think though he would be somewhat upset to know that Finduilas lied to him saying there was no love between she and Denethor, but just a marriage of convenience and stature.

Go to Hands of the King

Hands of the King

Anglachel - 10 Dec 05 - 8:58 PM

Ch. 39: Change

No, Thorongil cannot See them - not yet. Only those who are married and have made themselves open to love in a certain way may do so. But he sees something. What that is, well, you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out. He certainly hopes that love will grow between Finduilas and Denethor.

Go to Hands of the King

Hands of the King

Lyllyn - 16 Dec 05 - 12:26 AM

Ch. 39: Change

Yes - a tangled web, indeed. I'm eager to see Thorongil's Sight develop, and to learn Maiaberiel's plots.

The idea of Denethor Seeing so well, and being so affected by the likes of Maiaberiel opened up interesting possibilities, especially looking forward to the Ring War. Or would his struggle with the palantir dull his Sight?  All sorts of ideas churning in my brain!

I did spot one tiny typo: In a [an] inner room with no windows, Morwen sat...

Lyllyn

Go to Hands of the King

Hands of the King

Anglachel - 17 Dec 05 - 8:36 AM

Ch. 39: Change

Hi Lyllyn,

I'll correct that typo on the next update round, which should be before Christmas.

Thorongil's Sight is different, and will take odd forms during the course of the story. I think him closer to Finduilas, with the way she perceives Denethor from afar, than to Denethor.

No, the palantir will not dull the Sight; if anything, they are reinforcing. Those of true heart can see things others would prefer remain hidden. Denethor will find many fascinating uses for the Seeing Stone.

Toodles - Ang

Go to Hands of the King

Hands of the King

Agape4Gondor - 03 Jan 06 - 8:31 PM

Ch. 39: Change

All I can say is 'WOW' on the part with Beruthiel and Denethor... made my skin crawl...  I loved his reaction!  And that Finduilas knew!  I like this lady!

The last part before Denethor travels to Pelargir was so sad.  I so hope there is going to be some sign for him.... please?

Agape4Gondor