14. NOTES (last chapter)
All right, here are my notes on this new system. These are notes for posting a drabble in someone's story only, this does not cover anything relating to how to join the workshop, etc. That will be covered in the faq, the tutorials, and I will be making a special announcement in the present forum about how to post and upload, etc.
The person whose birthday it is will be referred to as the requester, and those who write presents for the requester will be referred to as drabblers.
Instructions and Notes for Requesters
- Create a story for your drabbles under your own name. Put your request in the first chapter, and label the chapter Request, or something like that.
- Title your story like this (emphasis mine): [Name]'s Birthday Presents. For example: Meril's Birthday Presents!
- Add the story to the workshop. Make sure you add the original story, do not clone the story.
- People will then add drabbles to your story as they write them.
- You may arrange and rearrange the drabbles in any order you like by changing the chapter numbers.
- You cannot edit a chapter through workshop that was created by someone else. However, if you access the story through My Stories feature, you may edit any chapter.
- When you post your drabble to the original forum, please go to workshop and post it in that requester's personal story as well.
- Chapter titles are standardized: drabblers, please title your new chapters this way when adding a drabble to a requester's story (emphasis mine): Drabble Title - by Author. For example: A Good Prognosis - by Ann
- Ficlets. Since short drabbles tend to be fully finished when they are posted, a drabbler can upload them to the requester's story without a second thought. Ficlets and perhaps longer drabbles could be posted as a seperate story of the drabbler's, and may still be in beta. The drabbler and/or requester can solve this by creating a chapter for the ficlet/long drabble in the requester's story, and placing a link to the story in beta. Since these drabbles will be going public (more on that later: another special challenges update) via Challenges, it would be considerate to make a note next to the link, that it is not available on the public side (unless it has been published).
That is all the notes I can think of right now. More will come as I add to this as the example story.
This is a work of fan fiction, written because the author has an abiding love for the works of J R R Tolkien. The characters, settings, places, and languages used in this work are the property of the Tolkien Estate, Tolkien Enterprises, and possibly New Line Cinema, except for certain original characters who belong to the author of the said work. The author will not receive any money or other remuneration for presenting the work on this archive site. The work is the intellectual property of the author, is available solely for the enjoyment of Henneth Annûn Story Archive readers, and may not be copied or redistributed by any means without the explicit written consent of the author.