5. Appendix: Useful Internet Resources and Other References
- The Beautiful Tree
- Long descriptions of common European trees, including much folklore and quotations from literature.
- Dendrology at Virginia Tech
- Search for a tree by its Latin or common name. Detailed photographs of leaves, fruit, and twigs.
- Glossary of Botanical Terms
- I-Lauki: A Qenya Botany
- A list of Qenya (proto-Quenya) words having to do with plants, compiled by David Salo on the basis of Tolkien's earliest Elvish wordlist, the "Qenya Lexicon" of 1915.
- A Meridional Grid on the Middle-Earth Map
- Useful for estimating climactic conditions in different areas of Middle-Earth.
- Photographs of Plants Organized by Latin Names
- A guide to the plant types and ecosystems of Northern Europe.
Addison, Josephine. The illustrated plant lore : a unique potpourri of history, folklore, and practical advice. London: Sidgwick & Jackson, 1985.
Jordan, Michael. Plants of mystery and magic : a photographic guide. London: Blandford, 1997.
Laurialt, Jean. Identification guide to the trees of Canada. Richmond Hill, Ont.: Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 1992.Martin, Laura. The folklore of trees and shrubs. Chester, Conn.: Globe Pequot Press, 1992.
Miles, Archie. Silva : the tree in Britain. London: Ebury Press, 1999.
Tosco, Uberto. The world of mountain flowers. London (Eng.): Orbis Publishing, 1974.
This is a work of fan fiction, written because the author has an abiding love for the works of J R R Tolkien. The characters, settings, places, and languages used in this work are the property of the Tolkien Estate, Tolkien Enterprises, and possibly New Line Cinema, except for certain original characters who belong to the author of the said work. The author will not receive any money or other remuneration for presenting the work on this archive site. The work is the intellectual property of the author, is available solely for the enjoyment of Henneth Annûn Story Archive readers, and may not be copied or redistributed by any means without the explicit written consent of the author.