Forum: Anglachel - Stories

Discussing: Re: Writing a Green Sun

Re: Writing a Green Sun

A critical essay on the writing of Legacy specifically addressing how to create a believable account of sexuality when writing LOTR fanfiction.

Writing a Green Sun

My two main concerns when trying to write my stories are how to craft a character that is believable within the kind of society outlined in LOTR, and also to create a character who could be the person who says and does the things JRRT says s/he says and does in LOTR. This is not a small task.

Ang

Wow, Angs, this is good. Very good. I can't read it all right now but it sure goes to my bookmarks.

How long did it take you to finish this (out of sheer curiosity)?

The critical essay took about one week of writing, and another week (spread out over time) of editing, formatting, etc. .

You did a lot of homework. and what impressed me most is that this amount of work did not get in the way of the story.
Don't get me wrong. What I mean is the "Look, I've done so much homework and read so many books and now I just have to give you a lesson instead of a story" style, most often found in history novels.
In "Legacy" ,all the background work stays in the background, where it belongs.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Anglachel - Stories