Forum: Domain of the Dúnedain

Discussing: SSP'ing the Dúnedain Way

SSP'ing the Dúnedain Way

Know any good stories featuring the Dúnedain? We're always interested in stories that reveal something about the cultures of the men of Arnor and Gondor at some point in their history. If you have a story you think deserves our attention, feel free to share its name, author, summary, and link. If it's adult in nature, please note that as well.

Re: SSP'ing the Dúnedain Way

All righty, Wolfwind, Liz, and others. This is just for you; although it isn't a fic set in Rohan, Éomer does appear. RoTK-Aragorn being less than kingly. The postscript to "Kinsmen". Don't worry, I don't *think* you need to read "Kinsmen" to grasp the point, although if you have, it will probably hit harder. And now that I've done my bit in the SSPing department, where are all the rest of you?

Quick question: How does one do a link for a story here in the forum?

< a href="[insert appropriate URL here]" >[words you want linked]< / a > Close up the spaces. For a forum URL, just go to the forum thread you want us to link to, and then copy-paste it between the quotation marks. Also, when composing a forum post, if you look down at the bottom below the scroll bar, you will see a link called "hyperlinks in messages tutorial". That will bring upa tutorial window so that you can learn how to do this without losing the message you've been typing.

Thanks Dwim!

Normally I don't do shameless self promotions, but given enough alcohol (look at those coherent sentences).... All right. Got link to work I wrote it. It is a response to the Morgul Blades and lesser wraiths challenge. Addresses how Aragorn wised up to what a Morgul blade was. Has him, Halbarad, and several OCs. Been edited a lot since it was first published. Should be halfway decent now. On the Ruins of Angmar

Yay! An SSP! I'll read through and get back to you, Gypsum. I know the revision's been up since at least yesterday, and I do want to read it. And what the heck, here's another SSP--it's recent enough to warrant it, I suppose: On Cerin Amroth. Three guesses as to who the main characters are, and the first two don't count! ;-)

Open to an SSP from an excited newbie who's just had her first ever story accepted into the archive? *E does happy little dance* It's a "short Aragon fic" - vignette really - set in the Field of Cormallen. It's not much, but wanted to share it with any other (to use Dwim's words) Aragorn adorers. Enjoy! Hope the link works Watching and Waiting

Ok, going to put my two cents in. This story's set in the second millennia of the Third Age in Arthedain. Trying to do something different (as far as I know) with regard to the Northern Kingdom. Take a look and let me know what you think! Arquen I Rîn U-Istanned

Thanks for the instructions, Dwimordene. May I totally shamelessly promote Rangers of the North and The King's Folk as one version of life among the Northern Dunedain at the end of the Third Age. Warning! Lots of OCs, movie canon and fanon.

Re: SSP'ing the Dúnedain Way -

If you have a story you think deserves our attention, feel free to share its name, author, summary, and link. If it's adult in nature, please note that as well. I have finally pulled my fingers from the keyboard and declared a story 'finished'. I invite all with a curiosity for stories featuring the Northern Dunedain to check out Not Without Hope Hiding a vulnerable princeling from enemy eyes and concealing his identity until he's grown are certainly the stuff of legends. But even if the legend is true, it probably does not tell the whole story. Would Gilraen have preferred to raise Aragorn as his father's son and not hidden his identity? Would Elrond expect Aragorn's mother to come with him to Rivendell, or would he believe it easier to hide the boy from Sauron's eye if she lived elsewhere? That they ended up together in Rivendell, and that Aragorn's identity was successfully concealed, is fact. But how? I have some, er, unusual ideas on how things happened. Thanks Gwynnyd

Re: SSP'ing the Dúnedain Way -

An SSP for the first chapter of my new story Cup of Bitterness, which looks at Faramir's life from Denethor's POV and tries to answer the question "What was Denethor thinking?" I'm aiming to make the chapters stand as satisfying stories in their own right, especially as this is clearly going to take a long time to complete - it's acquired several prospective chapters over and above the original scheme as a result of me realising a way to meet all the demands of Dwim's Kinder Gentler Denethor nuzgul and thanks to Marta's relentless nuzgul flinging. Cheers, Liz

Hi there, Just to say I've written a seasonal Ranger fic. Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit "Somewhere in the wilds of Eriador a company of Rangers will not be home for Yule." All best wishes for the New Year to you all. Alawa

Hi All I have just finished a story set in Minas Tirith which part of my sequence about Faramir and Eowyn's relationship: Homecoming (Warning: adult-rated) A sequel to The Influence of Kindred Desires. On their return to Minas Tirith after their wedding, Faramir and Éowyn are confronted by the memories that still linger in his childhood home. Together, they must begin to learn what it takes to be married once the honeymoon is over. Cheers, Liz

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

We're sorry. This is a closed discussion. Content is available only to invited readers.

« Back to Domain of the Dúnedain