Forum: 2014 - HASA Birthdays

Discussing: May 2014 Birthday Cards

May 2014 Birthday Cards

Birthday folks: Is your birthday in May and you would be delighted by a little story gift from your fellow HASA members? Then state your request here in this thread. To collect your birthday cards in one place, you can create a birthday workshop story.

Authors: Let yourselves get inspired by the suggestions - a chance to be creative and to make a fellow HASA member happy at the same time! Just like the recipients, you can collect the stories you've written in a  birthday workshop story.

And don't forget to add your birthday cards to the 2014 Birthday Cards Challenge.

Here's a short recap on how to do that:

• Add each birthday present as a chapter in your story, using the story name (and the birthday recipient if there is room) as the story chapter. If you can't fit the person's name into the chapter title, just include it as the first opening line in the chapter.
  • Be sure you give each chapter a number and set the status to public so everyone can read it!
  • Since most birthday card stories are pretty short, you might include the birthday recipient's wish for what kind of story she wanted. Paste it from the forum.
  • In your story summary, you can list out who you've written stories for if you like.
  • It's up to you on the order you want to give your chapters - Alphabetical by recipient, order by month chronologically, newest first, etc.

In case you need help or have a comment, question or suggestion, please post it here or send me an e-mail - I'll do my best to help.

May, 6th - RiverOtter: I would like stories about celebrations please.

Re: May 2014 Birthday Cards

My birthday is May 6th and I would like stories about celebrations please.

Happy Birthday, RiverOtter!

Land of Gift

The top of the mountain is silent – or rather, we who come here to honour the One are. In Armenelos, the harvest feasts have already begun, but it has been long since the King has made the journey to properly offer the first fruits to Eru and to speak in prayer.  Thus silence reigns here under the watchful eyes of the Eagles of Manwe.

Still, it is not gifts to Eru that cause me worry; rather, one particular Gift from Eru, and those who would reject it if they could. I have little foresight, but that I can see clearly...

Thank you. I like the image of the mountain top.

Glad you liked it Grin

Author's Note: This is a double-drabble as you had to wait so long for it. Sorry it's so late...

There is a knock at the door.

Sam stands there, his hat a-twisting and a-turning in his hands, his eyes downcast and his cheeks ablaze.

"Sam?"

The one-time gardener and now hero of the Shire cannot meet his best friend's curious gaze.

"Sam?"

Usually he has so many words to say, but now he has none- or rather, any he does have are trapped behind his teeth. Eventually he forces them free, but it takes as much effort as climbing the slopes of Mount Doom- or at least, that's how it feels.

"Happy birthday, Mister Frodo."

Frodo raises an eyebrow.

"It isn't my birthday, Sam. That was yesterday."

Sam nods.

"I know, Mister Frodo, but you said you didn't want any fuss made, so I didn't make any, only it seemed so wrong not to even say anything, so I thought maybe I could just say something today, only then I thought you might get cross, and so I nearly didn't, and then I thought maybe I should get you a present for missing your birthday, but then..."

The river of words is cut off by a single finger placed upon his lips.

"Thankyou, Sam."

Both hobbits smile.

"For everything."

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to 2014 - HASA Birthdays