Forum: 2011 - HASA Birthdays

Discussing: December 2011 Birthday Cards

December 2011 Birthday Cards

Birthday folks: Is your birthday in December and you would be delighted by a little story gift from your fellow HASA members? Then state your request here in this thread. Create a birthday workshop story to collect your birthday cards in one place, and enter it into the 2011 Birthhday Cards Challenge.

Authors: Let yourselves get inspired by the suggestions - a chance to be creative and to make a fellow HASA member happy at the same time! And don't forget to add your birthday cards to the birthday workshop story the recipient of your birthday card has - hopefully - created.

In case you need help or have a comment, question or suggestion, please post it here or send me an e-mail - I'll do my best to help.

December, 20th - Adonnen Estenniel: I'd like something that features an Elf or Elves (no Peredhil, Green-leaves, or fathers of Green-leaves, please!), and contains the phrase "I told you so." Anything else goes—age, pairing, genre, character.

Re: December 2011 Birthday Cards

All right, I'll bite. My birthday is the 20th (I realize that's coming up pretty soon, and I apologise).

I'd like something that features an Elf or Elves (no Peredhil, Green-leaves, or fathers of Green-leaves, please!), and contains the phrase "I told you so." Anything else goes—age, pairing, genre, character.

Go bananas!

Happy Birthday! Have a drabble to celebrate.

Dark Elf

Not for him the Halls of Bannoth. Even were he so inclined, the tale that had seen him cast off the heights of Gondolin was not yet fully told. He would wait, and perhaps his curse would run true, and he would be avenged.

Long he waited; long he watched. Finally, patience found reward, and he saw Maeglin cast down from the same rocky height that had been his own end. Suppressing an unexpected flash of anger that his son was slain by a mere Secondborn, he allowed himself the satisfaction of an "I told you so" as Maeglin died.

Oooh, thank you, Nath! I really like this one.

Nath:

That's awesome.  "I told you so."  What an Eöl. Tongue out 

I wonder if he said it again to Maeglin's fëa a minute later.  Oh, I'll just bet he did...

You little devil! I'd be very disappointed in him if he didn't...

You're welcome; glad it was to your liking

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to 2011 - HASA Birthdays