Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Marital Spats

Marital Spats

Here is the place to discuss the Marital Spats challenge.
Have fun

~Vilwarin

Re: Marital Spats

I am feeling very smug.  I linked "City of Trees" to the Challenge and I am done!

All right, the rest of you, get writing!  

Says the woman with placeholders in seven already-closed challenges... 

Gwynnyd 

O.K. this one got me. I ought to know better than to browse the challenges page!

I have a story called "A Good Man is Hard to Find" that features a several month separation between Aragorn and Arwen that I wrote for a different challenge.

After reading this challenge yesterday, I have been feverishly working on a new story about a conflict between Galadriel and Celeborn over her trying to set Arwen up with a Man.

Thanks for the great idea. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Wordweaver

Hello, wordweaver

I've read your story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"--it's a great entry for this challenge! Please enter it! It deserves to be more read.

I'm looking forward to your Galadriel/Celeborn tale. Good idea. Heavy dealings indeed!

Gandalfs apprentice 

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! When I get a chance, I'll enter it, and then post a draft of my Galadriel/Celeborn story in the Beta area and you can tell me how to improve upon it.

I appreciate the vote of confidence on "A Good Man is Hard to Find." My interest in writing it was to explore the tensions built into the Arwen/ Aragorn relationship by the fact that all of their relatives have always told both of them that he doesn't deserve her. Talk about setting a girl up for a fall!

Thanks again,
Wordweaver

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions