[ --> means "learns something about"]

Eowyn --> Faramir (Linaewen)

Legolas --> Eowyn (Jay of Lasgalen)

Gollum --> Legolas (Laureleaf)

Aragorn --> Gollum (ET)

Denethor --> Aragorn (GA)

Faramir --> Denethor (Eowyn)

Arwen --> Faramir (Vilwarin)

Now the next participant has to write about someone learning something about Arwen.

~Vil

Re: Realizations

The Muse wouldn't let me sleep Sunday night, so I've got mine done.  It's my debut story, so be kind!   

I can't wait to see everyone elses!

Eowyn 77

The Muse wouldn't let me sleep Sunday night, so I've got mine done.  It's my debut story, so be kind! 

And a wonderful debut it is!   What an interesting analysis of Denethor's motives. I don't think I've seen it explained like that before, and it does hang together quite well.  The possibility that Denethor had foreseen that it would be Faramir who became Steward after him does make a lot of thematic sense.

I had a real head scratch moment, however.  I eagerly read through the first chapter and turned to the second expecting Eowyn to be annoyed with Faramir for using the palantir... a martial spat.. um, er, wrong challenge!    Note to self: next time read the subject line.

Gwynnyd 

LOL  You know, Gwynnyd, you may have just solved a big problem for me.  The story I had in mind for the Marital Spat Challenge has grown into something WAY bigger than I first intended, as in 20 pages and still not done.  (Darn Nuzguls!)  The first half is all about Eowyn and Faramir, but the second half drifts more into the relationship between Legolas and Faramir (as brother lords in Ithilien).  I'm reluctant to just cut the story short, but I'm afraid that people reading for the E/F interest will get bored with the second half.  (I'll be dividing it into chapters, of course, but still, the thought of a reader stopping half-way through is a bit traumatic for an insecure writer like myself just now).   That and it's gonna take a while to get beta'd.

I had only considered it in passing, but you're right.  Eowyn is going to be pretty annoyed with this particular choice of Faramir's, and yeah...

Darn it!  The Muse is whispering in my ear again and I haven't even recovered from the last round with her!  (Why can't she pick on someone who DOESN'T have to get up in the night with two little kids?)    Better switch the status from complete to in progress.

Desperately grateful for the feedback,

Eowyn77

LOL  You know, Gwynnyd, you may have just solved a big problem for me.

Well, gosh. That was inadvertent. You're welcome. 

(I'll be dividing it into chapters, of course, but still, the thought of a reader stopping half-way through is a bit traumatic for an insecure writer like myself just now).

Page click counts can drive me crazy... does the fact that the first and last chapters have twice as many clicks as the in-between ones mean that people skipped the middle?  or does one person keep coming back and rereading only the first and last chapters?  Arrgh. 

(Why can't she pick on someone who DOESN'T have to get up in the night with two little kids?)

Sleep is for the weak and sickly.    If you ever figure out a way to get the muse tamed, let us all know! My kids are much older, but it's prety bad when the teen says good night to mom at 3 am on her way to bed. It's hard to be the voice of parental authority demanding a reasonable bedtime when I'm still up and banging away at the computer.

Gwynnyd 

Great first story! Although I do agree with Gwyn...I expected more of a reaction from Eowyn. But, yeah!, it looks like i'll get it since you're doing another challange.

I thought your take on the relationship between father and sons was a really great and unique twist. It was also sad to see the darkness currupt and distort such a powerful emotion, but uplifting to see some of the damage reversed in such a beautiful manner.

I think there is a Muse conspiricy! Between mine and my much appreciated Beta, I was up until 3:30am last night in a flurry of revisions on another story...and my little ones were up at 7!

A wonderful story! I feel that I am looking forward to new things from you.

Something short, and you must excuse me here: the White Tree bloom in peace...but the King was not crowned yet. Is this some kind of foresight on Faramir's part? Elessar was crowned on 1st of may, he found the sapling on june 25th. Palantír means 'seeing what is afar', why does this show the past when it is not controled by another? (which besically is so unimportant as a falling sack of rice in China, as we say here, meaning it does not matter at all) I know that it is the point of the story, hehe, and the bending of canon was used to a very good effect!  

How is it possible that some people are so productive while I sit here with a dozen stories waiting to be continued... and I just have no idea how! It is all in the head but not in the hands.

~Vilwarin

Hello, all

I've entered my piece for the Realizations Challenge: Denethor learns something about Aragorn in Epiphany.

G.A.

GA,

Just read your story...Loved it!  Aragorn is trying to containing his emotions and inadvertantly gave off the image of the king that he develops into.wonderfully done.

I know...i'm behind, but now that finals are over I can get cought up on my own writing!

Laureleaf:

So glad you liked "Epiphany"--I hope some day to make it into a longer story, but this snippet stands on its own.

I'm certainly looking forward to your contribution to the challenge--Gollum learning something about Legolas. Woohoo!

G.A.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions