Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Lithe Challenge

Lithe Challenge

The Lithe Challenge is now up and running! But remember, you may not write or post until the 21st of June. And don't forget to join the insta-drabbling on the 22nd! Details can be found in the challenge.

Re: Lithe Challenge

And how does Instant Drabbling work??? Don't worry, Instant Drabbling is simple! But beware, it's quite addictive! So here's what you have to do to join the fun: 1. Get a Yahoo ID. 2. Download and install the Yahoo Instant Messenger on your computer. 3. Add juno_magic and/or narwenalmiriel to the friends' list of the YIM. 4. Log in to YIM on June 22nd, 10 pm CEST (Central European Summer Time, GMT/UTC + 2 hours) = 4 pm EDT (Eastern American Daylight Time, GMT/UTC - 4 hours). 5. Either Juno or Narwen will send you an invite to join a YIM Conference. Accept that invitation. 6. In that conference, we pick random words or topics from "The Complete Guide to Middle-earth" as cues and start drabbling instantly! More information about Instant Drabbling and some cues for drabbles can also be found on the Live Journal Community Instant Drabblers Anonymous, which is moderated by Allie Meril and JunoMagic. If you have any questions, post them here or mail to Juno or Narwen! Yours Juno

Firstly, Ye Olde Officiale Welcometh Manager Business : Gandalfs_apprentice, I hope you're monitoring this forum , cause your alerts are getting bounced back to me as "unknown user." Please reply here, or send me an e-mail using the contact form, so we can get you fixed up! And secondly, with no officiality at ALL --- Wednesday?! Why would you be evil like that, why, WHY? I don't get off work til 5pm USA CST! ...oh, you know I always complain about the insta-drabble day.

Yep, GA got bounced back for me, too - which is why I made this pretty post. Ummm... Evil: complain to the good Professor gently rotating in his grave. He set Lithe at the end of the month 'Forelithe' in the Shire calendar... and because of his obsession with details I have to convert the dates to our calendar to be 100% correct... so, Midsummer at HASA ends up on the 22nd. *sigh* Maybe you could tell your boss you have an important religious holiday to observe? "I am very sorry, but I have to go home and log into the internet at ... or Morgoth will carry my feä into the Void." They really should understand that! Yours Juno

Maybe you could tell your boss you have an important religious holiday to observe? "I am very sorry, but I have to go home and log into the internet at ... or Morgoth will carry my feä into the Void." They really should understand that! Oh yes. Surely. ~Nienna

A Challenge and HASA Holiday Reminder Celebrate midsummer at HASA! Converted to our modern calendar, the midsummer celebrations of the Hobbits take place from June 21 to June 23. Next week! • Celebrate midsummer at HASA and participate in the Lithe Challenge, open only from June 21 to June 23! • Or join us for some midsummer Instant Drabbling on Yahoo Instant Messenger on June 22, 10 pm CEST (Central European Summer Time; UTC/GMT + 0200) or 4 pm EDT (Eastern American Daylight Time; UTC/GMT - 0400)! Instant Drabbling is really simple: just read the second post of this thread! Yours JunoMagic - Your interactive, walking and talking HASA calendar.

Just to remind you!

The Lithe Challenge closes tomorrow!

And tonight we gather for some Midsummer Instant Drabbling on Yahoo Instant Messenger! 

Everyone is welcome! Details can be found in the second post of this discussion thread!

Cheers!
Juno

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions