Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: The Steward and the King

The Steward and the King

Pick any aspect of the relationship between Aragorn and Faramir and write about it. It could be personal, buisiness, or whatever, but it has to center on the King and his Steward. RiverOtter

Re: The Steward and the King

Question: I have a 400-word piece that would fit into this challenge perfectly. I want to eventually submit it to the Archive, either separately, or as part of a drabble/ficlet series. Should I wait until I submit it and it's either accepted/declined, or can I post it in Challenges now and submit it whenever.... Forgive me if I've asked this question before. RAKSHA THE forgetful DEMON

I just signed up for this challenge and have never done one before. I know there is a time limit, but is there a limit on words, chapters, etc.? My guess is that it's totally up to me, but wanted to check before I start. Also, if it can be a multi-chapter story, do I start posting as soon as I have a chapter finished or wait until the story is completed? Thanks! Radbooks

I know there is a time limit, but is there a limit on words, chapters, etc.? My guess is that it's totally up to me, but wanted to check before I start. Also, if it can be a multi-chapter story, do I start posting as soon as I have a chapter finished or wait until the story is completed? Er...I'm very new at this, so my answer might not be accurate (Marta? Antoinette? Any thoughts?), but here is what I think: If there isn't a word limit given there, as I don't think there is, then yes, any length you wish to submit it fine. It is up to you. As for multi-chapter stories: I seem to remember seeing stories where the writer had put up the chapters they had done up till then, while the story was still in progress. So I would say that it is okay to post the story and enter it into the challenge once you've got a decent amount written. You can always add more chapters to your story later. That way you won't feel too pressed for time if you fail to complete it before the deadline for the challenge. I'm not sure if what I'm suggesting is correct, but it makes sense to me. I will try to confirm it with someone. Meanwhile, my advice is to go for it! I hope I could be of some help. - Kriti

To answer the questions, length is up to you unless there is a specific limit. For example, a drabble is 100 words plus up to 15 words for the title. A multi-chapter story can be posted in parts. Just indicate that in the story information. RiverOtter

I don't remember who said it (Liz? Gwynnyd? Lyllyn?), but a few weeks ago a list of "drabble" terminology was posted at HA (drouble=200 words, tribble=300 words, quibble=500 words...) and there was another rule in a reply to that post that I still remember because it was so absolutely brilliant: "A drabble may not contain more than 1,000 words of A/N to explain obscure canon references." Cheers and happy writing! Yours Juno

I was just browsing the forums to catch up after a longish absence from HASA, when this caught my eye. I've just entered an older story that seems to fit the bill - The Kings's Justice. cheers, Maya

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions