Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: ILMSPP 2

ILMSPP 2

Never in my most surreal dreams did I think that International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza would ensnare so many. Check out this list of all filks posted just to the previous thread (and there are some sitting on the HA list that aren't posted here): Ode to Legolas—Ainaecoiriel Hair—Alawa HMS Legolas, Ethereal World, Who Makes Us Smile—Arandil International Legolas Month—Azalais Subtextual Fanfictionalia, Legs, I'm Too Sexy—Dwim E.T.'s Legolas Song Parodies—Elena Tiriel My Legolas—Lady Aranel Prince of Sunshine—Luthien Inglorion Blond Satin—Lyllyn Eryn Lasgalen Elves—Vulgarweed Talkin' 'Bout Thranduilion—Wild Iris We're Crazy 'Bout Legolas—Wolfwind Note: Wolfwind, you need to change either your chapter status to public or make sure your chapter number isn't set to 0. Then we can read this. Blue Iris's Frightful Filks—Blue Iris All I Want For Yuletide, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You—Marta Elf eyes are peeled—Ranger1 (Dean Maia) Continue on, people.

Legopalooza- repost for thread 2

I can only blame Legolpooza for this. You made me SLASH! I can only blame the fact that I had a stray bone chip removed from my gums today (old wisdom tooth extraction site) and am on codene. I who have never slashed, SLASHED!!! My degeneration is complete and I am loving it Herewith the Legolas/Gimli duet from heck. You choose who is Sandy and who is Danny. Algarond Nights B. Iris

Re: Legopalooza- repost for thread 2

Sure, blame the bone chip. Just one thing: "What's he have that we lacks?"—"Axe" and "lack" are close enough, IMO. Otherwise... oy, John Travolta is trying to merge with John Rhys Davies. The results are... 'interesting'.

"What's he have that we lacks?"—"Axe" and "lack" are close enough, IMO. Dwim, Thanks for the beta check on that one! Going to change it right now. B. Iris

"Algarond Nights" I who have never slashed, SLASHED!!! My degeneration is complete and I am loving it The feeling is mutual Axe and Bow Alawa

Re: ILMSPP 2

"Subtextual Fanfictionalia" Dwim that's brilliant Oh I'll be all you want In fanfiction So true

The feeling is mutual Axe and Bow Alawa OMG!!!! That is so so brilliant..... Legolas in the marabou trimmed ballgown and Gimli in the tux! ***splorfle**** B. Iris

OMG!!!! That is so so brilliant..... Thanks! Legolas in the marabou trimmed ballgown and Gimli in the tux! ***splorfle**** Hee hee! I have them the other way round

Alawa said: "Subtextual Fanfictionalia" Dwim that's brilliant Thanks! And thank you for "Axe and Bow"—very amusing.

Ok, I have posted my entries- "Which Sue can it be now?" and "Thranduilion Rhapsody". This whole challenge is evil. EEEEEVIL!! But a heckuva lot of fun ;) Bow, Thranduilion Rhapsody is most excellent! That is not an easy song to work with. Bravissima B. Iris

Thanks SO much I had a great time with that one! Guess I inadvertently posted in the "old" thread, so I shall repost here: Thranduilion Rhapsody and Which Sue Can It Be Now?

Re: ILMSPP 2 - Complete Depravity

The apocalypse draws nigh, good friends, and my mind has become its own 'little shop of horrors' (You'll be a)Ficcer B. Iris

The apocalypse draws nigh, good friends, and my mind has become its own 'little shop of horrors' ROFLMAO!

Loved the Ficcer thing! I think the best part is picturing the three elves in those outfits that the girls wore in the movie.. I know...I'm a sick little puppy...

Inevitable, I guess. It was just too easy... Oh, Better Far to Live and Die Chapter 4 of HMS Legolas

It's posted to HA but I thought I'd throw it up here too. *Shameless SSP* Pining for Legolas My first filk. Cheryl

*Shameless SSP* Pining for Legolas My first filk. Cheryl Well done Cheryl! Welcome to filking. Just one thing..... filkers have no shame, filkers need no shame B.Iris

Just one thing..... filkers have no shame, filkers need no shame I'll remember that in the future...anymore will just be "blatant self promotion" Oh, and thanks. Glad you liked it. Cheryl

Re: ILMSPP 2 - Legolas' Restaurant

My attempt at having a go at filking "Alice's Restaurant" Legolas' Restaurant B. Iris

Hi B. Iris! So, someone took up the monster filk nuzgûl, eh? I did get to skim through it, but have no useful comments right now. Um, one reason I did skim, too, was that I had a weird formatting issue come up, where I had to scroll sideways to see all the lines. Anyone else having this problem? If it's still a problem later, I'll pass it to Ang. Sometimes my browser is... odd.

Very original idea, B. Iris Cute, very cute. RE: formatting issue: It looked fine to me, Dwim, maybe it is your browser? Cheryl

My attempt at having a go at filking "Alice's Restaurant" *Barbara just about busts a gasket laughing...* A seeing eye warg? Oh, that's just TOO MUCH! ROFLMAO! And you left no part untouched... Way to go, Blue! Two thumbs up and a peace sign, too! - Barbara

And you left no part untouched... Way to go, Blue! Two thumbs up and a peace sign, too! - Barbara Thankee ma'am! Although I am a southerner by adoption now, I had to have a go at Alice to uphold the honor of the region of my birth and nurture; given that I was born not 45 miles/72 km from the site of the massacree itself. I also spent the better part of my 20's in the funky Franklin/Hampshire County scene up there of which Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a part. Never did meet Arlo though..... B. Iris

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions