Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza

International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza

Be there or be square.

Re: International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza

I've signed up (The Twelve Days of Narvinyë), but now that I've read the description, I'm not sure my song parody qualifies... Legolas isn't the singer, he's the subject... Is that all right? - Barbara

Singer or character, either is fine. So long as it is a parody that includes him as a major character (or the singer), it's admissable.

Not entirely sure mine is wholly admissable (it takes some time getting to the point), but it sure is awful! I hope that helps.

That was hysterical, Vulgarweed. Well done, to fit so many of the other peoples of M-e into the song! Won't say it's completely off-target (Legolas, Mirkwood/Eryn Lasgalen--they are certainly related for a reason...), but perhaps you and B. Iris would care to go a second round, focusing specifically on Legolas?

content deleted by poster

I've posted my little ditty to the challenge. --Ainaechoiriel

Thank you, Ainae! And thank you B. Iris for indulging me. But hey now! What is this "For Members Only" stuff for you and Az? Come, come, be generous, ladies...

Won't say it's completely off-target (Legolas, Mirkwood/Eryn Lasgalen--they are certainly related for a reason...), but perhaps you and B. Iris would care to go a second round, focusing specifically on Legolas? You wicked wench. Hmmmm...... OK, if something bites.

Re:International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza

I'll take it off the "Members Only" setting if the powers that be think that it is OK. Oh my goodness, take it off Members Only! Well, I'm not a power that bees, but I think the song was hilarious.

Re; International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza

Re: Round Two - Leggopalooza

Dwim- Are these stories supposed to be funny? I just realised I have a bit of a filk from a while ago about Legolas leaving Rivendell, but it's serious. If you think it would qualify then I can polish it a bit and submit it. Marta Edit: On thinking more of it, forget this question. I don't think what I had in mind really fitted, and my filk muse is now kicked into high gear. If I come up with two tomorrow, who will match me for round 3?

And Barbara, I am attempting to live up to my bad rep in this one too Quite successfully, I'd say! *snert* - Barbara *who wants to hide her parody of an almost-universally-hated Christmas ditty in embarrassment after seeing what other people have entered...*

Quite successfully, I'd say! *snert* - Barbara *who wants to hide her parody of an almost-universally-hated Christmas ditty in embarrassment after seeing what other people have entered...* First, thank you for the praise. Second, Oh Hush! This is all just in fun and no embarrassment from anyone is allowed! It's may just be that being unemployed (ick) gives me too much time on my hands. But, why not join in Round Two? I will tell you how I do it. I think of a song that might be filk worthy, and then I Google the lyrics. Once I find the lyrics, I copy and paste into a Word Document and then begin reworking/refitting the lines. Our HASA people/place/thing/event index is a grand resource, thanks to folks like you. C'mon, you can do it B. Iris

Here you go! Who Makes Us Smile Enjoy! Sing along if you know it!

Are these stories supposed to be funny? Hm. I've never heard of a parody that didn't have at least a bit of ironic distance, although *bitter* ironic distance is always a possibility. So I suppose it *need* not be funny, although in fact I was thinking personally in terms of the lighter side of irony.

For your consideration; a riff on Cole Porter's "You're The Top" tltled "You're Legolas" Alas, I can't get the MIDI to work for me (kicks browser), but even without knowing the song, that was hysterical. "You're the White Tower" *snerk* You didn't just say that, did you? You did! Oi! Vulgarweed: You wicked wench. You rang? OK, if something bites Here's hoping!

Hi folks, I do feel I'm cheating a bit with this one as it was practically already written for me Hair (inevitably)

Here's another! Ethereal World Legolas reflects on the attention he's been getting from female fans...

Hi folks, I do feel I'm cheating a bit with this one as it was practically already written for me Alawa, ***Splorfles!!!!*** That was wonderful! Legopalooza had no slash, Legopalooza needed slash. ........ still giggling B. Iris

***Splorfles!!!!*** That was wonderful! Legopalooza had no slash, Legopalooza needed slash. ........ still giggling Yay! thanks Blue Iris Just realised this is the first time I have dipped a toe into the steamy waters of slashy yearnings Alawa

C'mon, you can do it B. Iris This is entirely your fault, Blue! ET's Legolas Song Parodies: Ithilien It's called Ithilien, and it's a parody of America, from West Side Story. Very catchy tune... very irreverent parody... very, very adult-rated. - Barbara

This is entirely your fault, Blue! ET's Legolas Song Parodies It's called Ithilien, and it's a parody of America, from West Side Story. Very catchy tune... very irreverent parody... very, very adult-rated. - Barbara ****cackles and rubs hand together gleefully**** Now we see the real Barbara at last Well done! B. Iris

Now we see the real Barbara at last Unfortunately... Well done! B. Iris Thank you! Remember everyone: Why not let Blue inspire you, too? - Barbara

After giggling maniacally over all the entries that were popping up, I had to have a go at this. I tried something small at first. I don't know if it's any good for the challenge, but it's certainly hideous Talkin' 'Bout Thranduilion Gemma (Humble fangirl of the Blond One)

Talkin' 'Bout Thranduilion - Beverage Alert

Seriously, how many times can my keyboard survive Moutain Dew attacks? I need to learn to *not* drink while I am reading these things! Wonderful job! Fabulously funny! -Arandil

Re: Talkin' 'Bout Thranduilion - Beverage Alert

Oh, thanks, Arandil! Glad you enjoyed it ;) Gemma

Oh, my! These are incredible. Hey, I remember Tracy Chapman! - Barbara

Now we see the real Barbara at last Some of us already have seen the real Barbara. Five words: "They have a cave troll." If you missed that one, I highly recommend you check out her "It was a Dark and Stormy Night" entry. You'll see why I'm not surprised to see this from her... At any rate, well done Barbara. Why not let Blue inspire you, too? Oh, all right. Parody of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." I'm very surprised no one's done this song yet, as I really could have posted it without changing nearly as much as I did. Hey, Dwim, I've noticed you're not posting much. I know you did the "I'm Too Sexy" parody, but surely you have another filk in that depraved mind of yours? Even if you can't write about the Elf, parodying the fangirl phenomenon is a lot of fun... Dang, these things are addictive. In trying to come up for a truly awful song I could threaten to write if Dwim doesn't write more, I think I just found my Round 3... Marta

I can't access your filk. it shows no chapters. Sorry, I forgot to change the number. It should be fixed now. I am already working a round 3 and it is addictive!!!! Yikes! I could prolly waste spend the better part of the weekend playing around with filks. I know the feeling all too well. I do have some stuff I have to do tomorrow, but this filk might get done as well. Marta

Hey, Dwim, I've noticed you're not posting much. I know you did the "I'm Too Sexy" parody, but surely you have another filk in that depraved mind of yours? Oh, I do have a little project on tap. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the song, and I can't hear anything but the first two lines in my head, which makes altering things hard. But should it come to pass that I do get my hands on a certain CD, then you may see something more from me.

Some of us already have seen the real Barbara. Five words: "They have a cave troll." If you missed that one, I highly recommend you check out her "It was a Dark and Stormy Night" entry. You'll see why I'm not surprised to see this from her... Oh, my! Forget to check in for half a day, and you find people saying nice things about you behind your back! *grins happily* Yes, that was one of my more inspired romantic moments... At any rate, well done Barbara. Thank you, Marta! (And please see my request a couple of posts down...) Why not let Blue inspire you, too? Oh, all right. Parody of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." Oh, that's great! A perfect choice! Well done! Dang, these things are addictive. Boy, you can say that again! And it doesn't help in the least that we all keep encouraging egging each other on! - Barbara

And that "dark & stormy" of Barbara's is true illage.....I nearly spewed diet coke all over my keyboard. *Barbara beams* A spew alert! That is truly the epitome of praise! I am already working a round 3 and it is addictive!!!! Yikes! I could prolly waste spend the better part of the weekend playing around with filks. B. Iris You and me both! In fact... please see my next post! - Barbara

This is a request for Blue Iris (Blue), Dwimordene (Dwim), and Marta: May I have your permission to use your names in a filk about fan girls? I promise, it's not too bad... although Marta gets most of the tactile fun... I would have liked to include more of us, but your names are the only ones that fit the rather strict meter... - Barbara

This is a request for Blue Iris (Blue), Dwimordene (Dwim), and Marta: May I have your permission to use your names in a filk about fan girls? I promise, it's not too bad... although Marta gets most of the good fun... You have my permission, And in return I am asking permission to use yours (Barbara) and Dwimordene's (Dwimmie) for the filk that is almost done. B.Iris

Oh, I do have a little project on tap. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the song, and I can't hear anything but the first two lines in my head, which makes altering things hard. Oh, I have the same problem! A certain little Rolling Stones song... - Barbara, who saw them perform when Mick Jagger was still young... (Come to think of it, so was I.)

You have my permission, Great, thank you! And in return I am asking permission to use yours (Barbara) and Dwimordene's (Dwimmie) for the filk that is almost done. B.Iris You can take my name in vain any time you please! Especially if I get some tactile fun out of it... - Barbara

Barbara- I'm glad you liked the song. It was almost too easy... And as to your request, yes. In exchange for something, umm, "tactile," I'm happy to be involved. Marta

E.T. and B. Iris: Permission granted.

E.T. and B. Iris: Permission granted. Woohoo! Thank you Blue, Dwim, and Marta! Hope you like it! I hereby submit my latest humble effort: Legolas Greenleaf, sung to the tune of Lady Madonna, by the Beatles... - Barbara

I had no part in any of this, but then I started reading the filks. Permit me to say that you are all very strange. My kind of people. I can't even remember them all to comment, so I'll go with first and last. National Legolas Month was priceless; I love Tom Lehrer. And that last one really broke me up; Barbara you are wicked! Anyone want to take on other Tom Lehrer songs? 'The Masochism Tango' is just waiting, as is 'Smut'. Thank you, thank you all! Edit BTW, Dwim, your entry shows with a word count of 0 under your stories, and as Private from the challenge side. Lyllyn

International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza Round 2.5

Thank you for the permissions Dwim & Barbara. This song is only because I feel a backlog of elf-filk happening and I am taking a well deserved play-break to have some fun with it rather than spending any time on the 4th age Gondor stuff I have been writing. Don't Cry For Me Minas Tirith Barbara, sorry there is no elfy-feely in there but I wanted to write you in in homage to your being such a wonderful friend and reviewer and encouragement to me. And you also know just how long it took for me to get around to be even the least bit charitable to elves

I had no part in any of this, but then I started reading the filks. Permit me to say that you are all very strange. My kind of people. It's not too late to chime in, Lyllyn! Come on, surely there's a favorite song you can slaughter parody lying somewhere about your brain, squished in among all those HoME quotes... And that last one really broke me up; Barbara you are wicked! Wicked??? Why, thank you! Hmmm, I seem to be getting quite a rep... comes from hanging out with folks like Blue Iris... - Barbara

Dwim, your entry shows with a word count of 0 under your stories, and as Private from the challenge side. Whoops. Fixed now. Thanks, Lyllyn.

Re: International Legolas Month Song Parody Palooza Round 2.5

Don't Cry For Me Minas Tirith Oh, Blue, that is terrific! My sylvan boffing??? That is inspired! *snort* Barbara, sorry there is no elfy-feely in there You're forgiven! (I just hope Marta forgives me...) I wanted to write you in in homage to your being such a wonderful friend and reviewer and encouragement to me. *Blushes* *Sputters* *Sits here with mouth hanging open, rendered speechless* I don't know what to say... I'm just *so* pleased that you joined HASA! *Blushes again* And you also know just how long it took for me to get around to be even the least bit charitable to elves Yes, indeed! The poor, poor sons of Elrond! - Barbara

I hereby submit my latest humble effort: Legolas Greenleaf, sung to the tune of Lady Madonna, by the Beatles... - Barbara "Legolas Greenleaf, women want your ____" ***through the nose drink snortage!*** Briliance!

I would like to humbly beg forgiveness in advance. Christmas songs are allowed, yes? Good. Then I present for your viewing pleasure (*snork*) "All I Want for Yuletide Is You", based on the Mariah Carey song of similar name. I don't know if I need to say this, but it's adult. Yes, rather adult. Marta

Christmas songs are allowed, yes? Good. Then I present for your viewing pleasure (*snork*) "All I Want for Yuletide Is You", based on the Mariah Carey song of similar name. ***double splorfle*** bravissima! What's the matter with Ork whips though? Care to go another round? B.Iris

***double splorfle*** bravissima! Thanks! What's the matter with Ork whips though? Of all the things on that list -- you think orcs are the things to object to? And please tell me that that cigarette is completely unrelated to all things orkish... As for writing more: I really must beta some pieces, never mind write... In all seriousness, I've decided I have too many music files on my computer, and entirely too many of them are parodiable. How about this? I will match you, song for song. When you write another parody, I will write one. A duel at high noon, as it were. Marta

And please tell me that that cigarette is completely unrelated to all things orkish... Marta, Do you really want to know???? How about this? I will match you, song for song. When you write another parody, I will write one. A duel at high noon, as it were. You're on. heh heh heh With any luck the next will take a little longer for me to get out. I have some sort of job interview tomorrow, so (fingers crossed) I may be doing something remunerative soon. I'm just taking a break from writing my longfic dramas because my life is entirely too whumped after getting down-sized to deal with writing fictional dramas. B. Iris

"Legolas Greenleaf, women want your ____" Oh, dear! After seeing this post, I went to the dictionary... I meant to be suggestive, playing on the slang phrase "a piece of meat"... but I didn't know that, well, that word had already been, um, corrupted to more explicit meaning... Now I'm really blushing... Guess my hook was a little more bent than I had intended... Briliance! Thank you! - Barbara

Christmas songs are allowed, yes? Yes! Mine was feeling so lonely... I don't know if I need to say this, but it's adult. Yes, rather adult. Strapping lads with wondrous horns; Finwë's sons, they bear the jewels, Oh Valar! I don't know how you managed to pack so much suggestion in so little space... . ROTFL! What a scream, Marta! - Barbara

And please tell me that that cigarette is completely unrelated to all things orkish... Marta, Do you really want to know???? Umm... no. On second thought, I'm not sure I do. How about this? I will match you, song for song. When you write another parody, I will write one. A duel at high noon, as it were. You're on. heh heh heh And I'm never going to view that emoticon in quite the same way, after this conversation... With any luck the next will take a little longer for me to get out. I have some sort of job interview tomorrow, so (fingers crossed) I may be doing something remunerative soon. Oh, praying for that! I hope it works out. I'm just taking a break from writing my longfic dramas because my life is entirely too whumped after getting down-sized to deal with writing fictional dramas. I understand entirely. Real life has also been really rotten this weekend (long story), so these song parodies are a great release. But I don't suppose anyone will believe me when I say that I never intended to write anything worse than PG? You know, it occurs to me that both this challenge and the "Best Worst First Lines" one were very popular, not to mention a ton of fun. It's something I'd like to do more of. Anyone for a short challenge like the worst cliche-y love scene you can imagine? (Oh, come on, someone surely wants to take on the "Tower of Orthanc"...) Marta, whose mind is apparently rather depraved

Strapping lads with wondrous horns; Finwë's sons, they bear the jewels, Oh Valar! I don't know how you managed to pack so much suggestion in so little space... . Glad you liked it! Just be glad I didn't go for any of my less obvious metaphors. (It's not for lack of trying that Tumladen, the hidden valley, didn't make it in...) Both my parents are journalists, and they encouraged wordplay skills in all of us kids. Some how I don't think this was quite the use they had in mind... Marta

You know, it occurs to me that both this challenge and the "Best Worst First Lines" one were very popular, not to mention a ton of fun. It's something I'd like to do more of. Anyone for a short challenge like the worst cliche-y love scene you can imagine? (Oh, come on, someone surely wants to take on the "Tower of Orthanc"...) Marta, whose mind is apparently rather depraved Marta, I am so there! What say we kick that one off after Legopalooza closes and just do a lazy and casual run through the summer: Hot Arda Nights ?? B. Iris

Not too terribly happy with this one, but surely ZZ Top and LOTR deserve each other. In the best possible way, of course.

It's not too late to chime in, Lyllyn! Come on, surely there's a favorite song you can slaughter parody lying somewhere about your brain, squished in among all those HoME quotes... This one is fairly mild, I'm not sure it needs an adult rating...Blond Satin Lyllyn

surely ZZ Top and LOTR deserve each other. *Snort* Very funny, Dwim... 'Legs', indeed! - Barbara

This one is fairly mild, I'm not sure it needs an adult rating... Hey, that's the spirit! Very funny! "slow wood-elf style..." - Barbara

Anyone for a short challenge like the worst cliche-y love scene you can imagine? I am so there! What say we kick that one off after Legopalooza closes Provided we can get three other victims volunteers, I'd love to do this. But that could be a problem -- you don't really think there are three other members of HASA weird enough to enjoy writing smutty humour, do you? ;-) and just do a lazy and casual run through the summer: Hot Arda Nights ?? That's a good one. When another group I know of did a similar challenge I think they called it Metaphor-play. Marta

I love "Black Velvet"--well-chosen song, Lyllyn! And no, definitely not in need of an adult rating. Heck, public radio sports such jewels as the utterly tasteless "Gay Bar", which my sister's evil boyfriend tortured us with for five minutes while we were too afraid of his driving to risk reaching for the tapedeck to change the channel. Barbara, glad you were entertained by "Legs". I still need to find one that lends itself to a Gimli-Legolas duet. That'd be awesome. On a dare: anyone want to take on "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" or "Alice's Restaurant"? I would think these would be the ultimate in filk, just because they're so darn long and so very... folksy.

I still need to find one that lends itself to a Gimli-Legolas duet. That'd be awesome Dwim, How about the Sonny and Cher song "I Got You Babe"? I think it might work. B. Iris

How about the Sonny and Cher song "I Got You Babe"? That song is inextricably linked to Robert Picardo's parody version performed at the Grand Slam Cons in Pasadena... My goal is to find a ZZ Top song where I can get them to do a duet sort of thing. We'll see if I get inspired. In the mean time, go forth and suck in new victims...

On a dare: anyone want to take on "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" or "Alice's Restaurant"? I would think these would be the ultimate in filk, just because they're so darn long and so very... folksy. I'm mighty bold on my way to bed, and I very well might regret this tomorrow, but... Devil Went Down to Georgia could be fun. I have an idea that just might work. Canon really doesn't tell us how old Legolas is? Or at least, are you guys willing to accept Legolas would have been around Mirkwood around the end of the Second Age / early Third? Call it AU, if you like. We shall see, Dwim, we shall see. Let me sleep on it. Marta

I still need to find one that lends itself to a Gimli-Legolas duet. That'd be awesome. On a dare: anyone want to take on "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" or "Alice's Restaurant"? I would think these would be the ultimate in filk, just because they're so darn long and so very... folksy. Counter dare: "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Randy Newman Lyllyn

Alice's Restaurant

http://www.arlo.net/lyrics/alices.shtml (just in case anyone needs a copy of the lyrics )

Counter dare: "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Randy Newman Having flashbacks to "The Full Monty", here... "You can leave your wig on..."

"You can leave your wig on..." Funny, I heard "You can leave your bow on..." Of course I also heard: "Leggy take off that bow Oh, oh, oh." Lyllyn

you don't really think there are three other members of HASA weird enough to enjoy writing smutty humour, do you? ;-) Um...hello? Are we filking? I'm so in!

Re: Alice's Restaurant

(just in case anyone needs a copy of the lyrics ) Actually, I was quite relieved that somebody finally mentioned a song that even *I* knew... (except for "I Got You Babe", of course). If I had known I would have a career filking songs, I would not have stopped listening to pop music when Disco reared its ugly head... - Barbara P.S. I'm wondering whether a buddy-song about a gang of Mary Sues that only peripherally mentions Legolas would be acceptable for the Lollapalooza?

Legopalooza Round 3

Poor Legolas, paired off in so many fics with so many races of all sorts of fauna (some not even quite corporeal). Hence my inspiration for the following atrocity/blasphemy. Another filk off of Cole Porter. This time to the standard "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)". Let's Do It (Let's Snog The Elf) Original lyrics are linked at the bottom. The song is rather old, but then some of my musical tastes are rather geriatric for a 41 year old. B. Iris

Re: Legopalooza Round 3

Let's Do It (Let's Snog The Elf) *Snort* LOL! The epitome of elegance... It helps to hear it in Nat King Cole's velvet voice... You guys are such a bad influence on poor li'l me... just in vocabulary alone... Do you realize that neither "snog" nor "boff" is listed in my Roget's International Thesaurus? - Barbara

Snort* LOL! The epitome of elegance... It helps to hear it in Nat King Cole's velvet voice... You guys are such a bad influence on poor li'l me... just in vocabulary alone... Do you realize that neither "snog" nor "boff" is listed in my Roget's International Thesaurus? - Barbara I live to be a bad influence And perhaps I should have used the older word "tup"? hmmmmm What I want is for someone to filk Gilbert & Sullivan if they are up to it. I don't think my brain could handle the overload. "I am the very model of a modern Leggy fandom girl." "Three little fans who squeal are we." Hey, I am giving the stuff away here folks! B. Iris

OMG - That was wonderful *claps enthusiastically* I love Cole Porter and I love what you've done with that. What I want is for someone to filk Gilbert & Sullivan if they are up to it. You're on!

Poor Legolas, paired off in so many fics with so many races of all sorts of fauna (some not even quite corporeal). Hence my inspiration for the following atrocity/blasphemy. Another filk off of Cole Porter. This time to the standard "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)". Let's Do It (Let's Snog The Elf) Sigh. Expect "Sauron Went Down to Mirkwood" tomorrow or the next day. :-) Dwim's !@#$ nuzgul has bitten with a passion, and I have it half worked out in my head, but couldn't sit down at a computer long enough to get it all sorted out. Marta

Poor Legolas, paired off in so many fics with so many races of all sorts of fauna (some not even quite corporeal). Oh brilliant! But what about poor Gollum? Alawa

Appreciating Legolas

These are marvelous. I never realized all the creavity in this bunch. Legolas will never seem the same. I mean I have always admired him since I read LOTR in my teens but it was the men of Gondor who stole my heart. Now I am appreciating the many facets of Lrgolas. Thank for widening my horizons. RiverOtter

What I want is for someone to filk Gilbert & Sullivan Here you go... HMS Legolas There is only one chapter up, but there are so many great G&S songs that I just can't stop. I've already started on my next one for chapter 2! "I am the very model of a modern Leggy fandom girl." "Three little fans who squeal are we." ...all in good time... -Arandil ...if you filk it, they will sing...

Here you go... HMS Legolas There is only one chapter up, but there are so many great G&S songs that I just can't stop. I've already started on my next one for chapter 2! Happy Happy! Joy Joy! Wonderful stuff and am looking forward to more B. Iris

Legopalooza & Alawa's little nuzgul

But what about poor Gollum? Alawa Alrightey then, what about poor Gollum? Well, since you asked, (and if you can handle the image) he is up in the Alps, wearing lederhosen and singing this song: Legolasssss This is what may come to pass when nuzgul are unthinkingly flung B. Iris

BEV ALERT: Legopalooza & Alawa's little nuzgul

Legolasssss I read the name and just went "oh no....." That was too funny! Gollum in liederhosen! Where do you come up with this! More! Please! I'm dying over here! This is what may come to pass when nuzgul are unthinkingly flung *looks around for nuzgul* *smiles wickedly innocently* I think Legolas is charming, suave and fair enough to win over Sauron's minions, don't you? Surely Orcs, Wargs, hell - even the Nazgul should have songs done for them and their undying love of the One Elf, shouldn't they? Takers? -Arandil (attempting to fling a nuzgul for the first time...it only hurt a little...)

Re: Appreciating Legolas

Our evil plan is complete!!! ~Lady Aranel~

Strapping lads with wondrous horns Marta? is that really YOU? ~Lady Aranel~

Re: Legopalooza & Alawa's little nuzgul

Alrightey then, what about poor Gollum? Well, since you asked, (and if you can handle the image) he is up in the Alps, wearing lederhosen and singing this song: Aaaaagh! What a way to start my day!

Rocky Horror Picture Show Parody

It's probably a bad time to mention I've never seen this movie. But I have heard the soundtrack, and will surely be hunted down and slain for this.

Re: Legopalooza & Alawa's little nuzgul

Well, since you asked, (and if you can handle the image) he is up in the Alps, wearing lederhosen and singing this song: Legolasssss Oh, Eru, please don't let him yodel! Nooooooooooooooo! - Barbara

Re: Rocky Horror Picture Show Parody

It's probably a bad time to mention I've never seen this movie. But I have heard the soundtrack, and will surely be hunted down and slain for this. Dwim, Who cares that you've never seen the film! I hereby bow down and worship your filk B. Iris

But I have heard the soundtrack, and will surely be hunted down and slain for this. Oh, that is just... abnormal. In a good kind of way... - Barbara

Here you go... HMS Legolas Oh, that is funny! ...if you filk it, they will sing... Not G&S, I won't! I can't even *read* the lyrics fast enough... - Barbara

B. Iris wrote: Dwim, Who cares that you've never seen the film! I was worried I might miss a parodic opportunity because I didn't know how the song worked in the original context. However, it could be that when things get this surreal, subtlety is not needed... I hereby bow down and worship your filk Thanks! Glad you liked it. Barbara said: Oh, that is just... abnormal. In a good kind of way... It was very abnormal. Had to go download the song and listen to it again at 1:30 this morning. Does weird things to your dream cycle I tell you.

Oh dear lord, Dwim, but that was hysterical.... But now I have an image of Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn in fishnets ala Tim Curry. Aragorn and Legolas aren't bad...but Gimli is just....disturbing....

Chapter two of HMS Legolas: See How The Fates Their Gifts Allot Enjoy!

But now I have an image of Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn in fishnets ala Tim Curry. I'd love to see someone draw this and draw it well.

*points at Thranduil muse* This is all his fault! The Elven Prince Named Legolas

You are all Evil! EVIL! You made me FILK! My Legolas And I even feel another one coming on.... run away!!!! ~Lady Aranel~

Re: Legopalooza - The Root Of All Evil

I can only blame Legolpooza for this. You made me SLASH! I can only blame the fact that I had a stray bone chip removed from my gums today (old wisdom tooth extraction site) and am on codene. I who have never slashed, SLASHED!!! My degeneration is complete and I am loving it Herewith the Legolas/Gimli duet from heck. You choose who is Sandy and who is Danny. Algarond Nights B. Iris

Re: Legopalooza - The Root Of All Evil

I can only blame Legolpooza for this. You made me SLASH! You say that like it's a bad thing. *bats eyes innocently* I was just going to recommend: I'm going to create a new thread, due to the 98 posts and slow load time. You'll probably want to repost that link, B. Iris. Dwim, cackling

Ok, I have posted my entries- "Which Sue can it be now?" and "Thranduilion Rhapsody". This whole challenge is evil. EEEEEVIL!! But a heckuva lot of fun ;) Thanks to all who have posted theirs up, I'm having a great time reading them

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions