Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Chance Meetings

Chance Meetings

For all you lovers of The Hobbit... Here you go. "Chance Meetings" closes on Durin's Day (October 22) 2005. Feel free to discuss your stories, ask questions about the challenge, or whatever else you feel is appropriate to this discussion. If I can be of any help please do not hesitate to contact me. Marta

Re: Chance Meetings

Hi!

I just discovered this challenge, and entered my drabble, There and Back Again.

And, for those of you who like to read something longer, I recommend Daw's fabulous story, Tangled Web, which she graciously agreed to enter at my suggestion....

Happy reading!

- Barbara

I like 'There And Back Again'!  Of course, Frodo would have grown up hearing Bilbo's tales of his adventures with the dwarves - and he could quite likely have met Balin.

Jay

I'd almost forgotten this challenge! 

I've got a story that fits:  A ten-year-old child living in Elrond's household meets Bilbo and the dwarves when they pass through Rivendell.

A Short Rest

Jay

Yay! Another story! When this challenge closes, it's going public!

I like 'There And Back Again'! Of course, Frodo would have grown up hearing Bilbo's tales of his adventures with the dwarves - and he could quite likely have met Balin.

Oh, thank you, Jay!

Tolkien was somewhat vague about when Balin (and Gandalf) visited the Shire, so I took the liberty of setting it after Frodo had come to live with Bilbo....

- Barbara

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions