Forum: Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges

Discussing: Orodreth?

Orodreth?

*peeks out of corner*

I think I agreed to write this a while ago (though sadly, I doubt I'll have anything started by the time the challenge ends), but I figure I'll promote the Steward of Nargothrond. He's perfect - we know from Canon he has a wife, but there's almost nothing written about her. And look at the events she would have witnessed... the fall of Minas Tirith (the watchtower), Finrod riding to fufill his oath, the Sons of Feanor in Nargothrond. And who knows what else she might have seen?

*looks around, trying to persuade people to write this and perhaps entice away the evil cretin that won't let this idea disappear*

- Ellipsis, trying to understand various forgotten elf-lords
*retreats to corner*

Re: Orodreth?

Ellipsis, we're not going to let you get away from this one, hehe.

But seriously, why don't you create a placeholder for the Challenge? That way, you can start writing the story anytime you want, even after the Challenge has closed.

But seriously, why don't you create a placeholder for the Challenge?

Done. I would like to state that I hate you all for nailing me with this one. Why I like my corner (though I recall Dwim dragged me out)

*sigh* You sure you don't want to write about Orodreth too, Klose? Seeing as how you're doing so well with Fingon... *tries to send cretin away*

*sigh* I suppose my first post wasn't accurate - I've had bits of the tale written for some time, but nothing that I'd call a story...just random paragraphs. Ah well. We shall see.

- Ellipsis, feeling slightly overwhelmed.

*sigh* You sure you don't want to write about Orodreth too, Klose? Seeing as how you're doing so well with Fingon... *tries to send cretin away*

Oy... trying to flatter me into writing this, are you? Well, sorry, but it's not going to happen... especially since I have a tendency to write "Ordoreth" instead or "Orodreth".

How about I write a short story about Orodreth and his wife? The only condition is that you'll have to write this MS fic. And you'll have to give me time. RL isn't being very cooperative.

Ellipsis griped:

Done. I would like to state that I hate you all for nailing me with this one. Why I like my corner (though I recall Dwim dragged me out)

Why hellooo, my preciousss. Have we got a nuzgul biting us, love?

Those old passages are always what get you--you think they've been exorcised, but then something comes up, and suddenly, you're beholden to them again. heh heh.

Btw, have you checked out the Gwindor prompt in Quickies Qtr 1? "Gwindor escapes from thralldom."

Three pages, one pov (Gwindor's, obviously). Check it out. It's pretty much *made* for you.

Klose: I'll hold you to that. You have been warned. Though i understand the RL conflicts...don't overwork yourself!

Dwim, I'd call you evil, but I think you'd take it as a compliment and i categorically refuse to give you that satisfaction. Suffice to say that the stupid cretin did not bite me, per se, but is coming close. Or maybe midterms have lowered my defenses....

Three pages, one pov (Gwindor's, obviously). Check it out. It's pretty much *made* for you.

Ha! You won't get me with THAT one. *points to hardrive* 23,000+ words on Gwindor and counting... Besides, I already have written his POV escape from Morgoth in the first chapter of the scary epic-angstfest-that-must-not-be-named.

Ellipsis! What is the epic angstfest you speak of?

So do we have a deal?

Klose: The Angstfest is my Gwindor fic Atonement, which is not even halfway done...

And yes, we have a deal. *Images of Dr. Faustus appear*

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges