Forum: Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges

Discussing: Shadowfax

Shadowfax

Because Dwim had this idea that, at one time, I had it in mind to write a horse pov piece, she suggested I might like to write a Shadowfax OFC romance!

Well I’m a horse ignoramous and I think this is crying out to be written by someone who has really observed them, and knows what they get up to when they’re in the mood.

Any takers? You know you want to do it.

Re: Shadowfax

Because Dwim had this idea that, at one time, I had it in mind to write a horse pov piece, she suggested I might like to write a Shadowfax OFC romance!

Well I’m a horse ignoramous and I think this is crying out to be written by someone who has really observed them, and knows what they get up to when they’re in the mood.

Any takers? You know you want to do it.

You're hurting my brain here, Andria. I'm not sure I'm ready for Bill the Pony/Shadowfax slash. The easiest solution would be to have Asfaloth be a lady horse--but I'm not going to write it. Jillian? This one looks to be up your alley.

I'm assuming the mare will have violet eyes, a silver mane that shimmers like liquid moonlight, can outrun Legolas' arrows and is a keeper of a secret knowledge/member of secret society that allows it to defy physics as we know them. Don't forget the 7 syllable name.

mk

Isabeau said:

I'm not sure I'm ready for Bill the Pony/Shadowfax slash.

Whoa, girl, down. I may be insane, but I said "Shadowfax/OFC horse" not "Shadowslash." The Mary Sue Challenge requires females.

But if you want to write horse slash later on... ehm... you're a sicker mind than I am, and more power to you? >D

And I think Jilliaan is a perfect victi--er, candidate author. If I knew what had happened to Kshar, I'd say maybe she'd like to do this one as well.

Really, if you think about it, this is the ultimate Mary Sue story--every girl has read horse stories (Black Beauty, My Friend Flicka, The Firebringer (ok, that one was a unicorn story, but what the hey), etc.). For years I was the girl who ran around the playground pretending to be a pony, and my ponies and horse friends (imaginary, of course) were all very human in their thoughts.

Here's a challenge that appeals to that part of many women who did the same thing and could at one point convincingly whinny. ;-)

I hear Isabeau is thinking hard about accepting this one.....Let's all nudge her, hummm?

Personally, while I could not Imagine the actual goings on while Shadowfax aquired the filly of his dreams... I did have a madcap short from the story erupt into my head.... Shadowfax meets Asfaloth:

Asfaloth makes nice, Shadowfax wants to ask him how the elven fillies are and then Asfaloth says something to the effect that they are nothing compared to him... and then Asfaloth asks does Shadowfax want to go graze and then be mounted by a real stud. (wink, wink) And of course, Shadowfax just snorts and whinnys, "You aren't my type"

E.W.

Hmmmm... I think this is where I point you all at Middle-Earth SockPuppet Theatre, and then run like the blue bloody blazes...

Particularly...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/horseofrohan/

Meg (a disappearing blur in the distance, and still accellerating)
--

Horse OFC romance. Dear God, so it's come to this...and I wrote it.

Here is a horse POV romance for you; not Shadowfax, but Arod. Which, I guess, makes this the horse equivalent of a Legomance, since it's about Legolas' horse. The OFHC isn't beautiful, but she is brave, adored, smart, feisty, exceptionally talented, and Arod fell for her at first sight. "Quickening" is over in the Challenges section, may Orome forgive me.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges