Forum: Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges

Discussing: Faramir

Faramir

Curse you, Foul Dwimmerlaik!

Re: Faramir

Why do you want to curse Dwim, Ariel?
~Maka

Well, while my list of WiPs and Works-to-Come might not be as long as poor Meg's, it really was long enough before this particular Nuzgul was launched upon me by Ms Dwim! >D

Una

Huh, Wha...? How did I get into this conversation? I have no interest in 'doing' Faramir!

Way too many "A" names in this list...

Ariel

Huh, Wha...? How did I get into this conversation? I have no interest in 'doing' Faramir!

I'm sure there are many prepared to oblige! >D

You ladies can fight over the "A" list - I'll stick with the "B" group.

Oh, Bilboooooo, oh Boromiiiiiiiiir, oh Bombadiiiiiiiil....

Hey! The old coot got the River's Daughter, didn't he?

Toodles - Ang

And Beregond, and Beren, and Beleg, and.....

Just doing my job to spread calamity and madness through the community.

[pause]

Oh wait, that's in the private listing. Drat! Forget you read that. I'm just helping to encourage creativity and interest in writing through the community. That's it.

So how is dear Faramir?

Bombadil?

Dearie, that high boot thing is just SOOOO 70's! You need to get with the times.

Still think a good Bilbo story could be a comedic scream!

Ariel

Just doing my job to spread calamity and madness through the community.

Gah! >:

So how is dear Faramir?

At the moment, set aside for the questionable delights of 'Constructing a black box representation of the computer in the survey research process'. What a wild and crazy life I lead.

Una, I think the Faramir OFC could best be done with you and Isabeau combined. I know the two of you have tied your time lines together, so why not colaberate on a new OFC that is even more MS than Heth...(E.W. ducking the pair of pinking shears Isabeau has just thrown at her.)

E.W.

Heth a MS? What have you smoked when you wrote this, E.W.? *g*
Now for a bit of debate: Do you think it would be possible for Faramir to fall in love with a Silvan nis? Considering his talents and family history it could work out... Get out of my head, you plot bunny, you!!
~Maka

>Heth a MS? What have you smoked when you wrote this, E.W.? *g*<

I'd have to check what I was smoking....that was days ago.... I loose track of my pharmacutical appreciation celebrations.....

>Now for a bit of debate: Do you think it would be possible for Faramir to fall in love with a Silvan nis? Considering his talents and family history it could work out... Get out of my head, you plot bunny, you!!<

I think that this is one helluva plotty Nazgul! She could be part of Arwen's "ladies in waiting" entourage from Lorien... Her intention was not to stay beyond settling in Arwen as the queen, but she met Faramir and was a bit ...smitten....intrigued....horny....whatever....

Anyway....she has way more going for her than wishywashy Eowyn, and Faramir sees the light....( and no, Galadriel's phial is no where around.) He dumps the blond bit of fluff, sending her packing back to her brother.... And he makes off with the Sylvan elf. Of course, there would be extra points to the person who could write in a convincing Hethlin asking him what the hell he thought he was doing...

E.W.

Anyway....she has way more going for her than wishywashy Eowyn, and Faramir sees the light....( and no, Galadriel's phial is no where around.) He dumps the blond bit of fluff, sending her packing back to her brother.... And he makes off with the Sylvan elf. Of course, there would be extra points to the person who could write in a convincing Hethlin asking him what the hell he thought he was doing...

And his answer would of course be, "Why, exactly what you are doing Heth. You are the one who first made me appreciate the possibilities of a human/elf bond."

Heth has no moral high ground here from which to attack.

Isabeau said:

Heth has no moral high ground here from which to attack.

Ah, but there would be where you would be wrong, if that is intended as a blanket statement.

Faramir *has* contracted with Éowyn, and short of some sort of pressing familial (in the sense of dynastic) considerations, he's pretty much married the minute Éowyn accepts his suit. Heth, on the other hand, was free of committments, as was Elrohir. She may be living in sin, to put it in language that would be leveled by the virtuous ladies of Minas Tirith,but she hadn't sworn an oath not to do so.

So if Heth were to be rendered without high ground, Faramir would have to fall out of love with Éowyn before proposing.

Faramir would have to fall out of love with Éowyn before proposing.
Does he really have to do that? If I set this story in 3003 or something along that scale, we could have the nis who I intended to name Laswen as Faramir's first love and thus explain his fascination with the elves and history. If I could add a bit of Mithrellas' history in there I could have Laswen help Faramir find out the truth about his mother's line. Arghh, instead of moving out that Nuzgul starts to receive planning permission in my brain, I think
~Maka

Does he really have to do that? If I set this story in 3003 or something along that scale,

Of course, if it's before he ever met Eowyn, then no, there's no need to go through the pain of a post-betrothal break-up between him and Eowyn and go through all the moral implications.

The point was to note that Heth wouldn't be without moral ground to stand on should it occur that after having pledged himself to Eowyn, Faramir were to have an affair with another. Just because she's sleeping with Elrohir doesn't mean that she is immoral and therefore unable to judge Faramir's actions in that AU situation. She would be able to judge, because she was not under any binding contract to another.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Writing Mary Sue: the Mother of Challenges