Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Dwarf wives

Dwarf wives

I am not sure if this had been a topic before my time here, though I have researched a bit, I couldn't find anything. We all know so little about female Dwarves, except that they look a lot like male Dwarves. I want you to write me a story involving female Dwarves. This can be a general history of this ominous "race" which we never see or it can be the adventures of one Dwarf lady or you can rewrite a Tolkien story adding a female Dwarf to it.

Re: Dwarf wives

Hmm... Should it be a female Dwarf connected with a Canon Character (like, say, Gimli's mother)? Just curious...

Well, I would not make that a general condition, but the female dwarf can of course have a connection to a canon male dwarf, be mother or sister or lover Be creative!

Go Minuial! *much applause* How would female dwarves fit into dwarven society? Gimli (or is it Gloin?) says in LOTR that they are scarce among their people. Would they take on the same roles as male dwarves because of their scarcity? Allie PS- If you want a good look at a female dwarf, check out Thevina Finduilas's Speak, Friend, and Enter.

Great! It will be a good challenge, considering we can only guess at most things about Dwarves in general, let alone Dwarven wives... (And, if anything, writing about bearded ladies can prove quite the experience! ) Cheers!

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges