Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: To Rise Again

To Rise Again

Numenor sank, Angmar perished, Doriath, Beleriand, and Nargothrond were left in ruin. Eventually, Aragorn's line must have died out, Rohan must have fallen, and many other Middle-earthian things became "extinct." For this challenge, choose any land, people, country, etc. that was no longer or is no longer in existence, and write a story where it "rises" again. It could be creepy, happy, sad, or humorous . It's up to you.

Re: To Rise Again

Hi, CLF. I'd be interested in it, since my story "Tides of Time" probably fit this description. Count me in. Werecat

I guess I'll try this one, so we have two people doing this challenge so far: Werecat and myself. CLF

...And, for some reason, I have C3P0 plastered across my brain, saying 'It might be dangerous' in a lovely Brit accent. God knows why. Count me in...I guess. Let it be known that I do this against my will, though. Noldo off to look for bite-proof socks - for mosquitoes and nuzgul

...And, for some reason, I have C3P0 plastered across my brain, saying 'It might be dangerous' in a lovely Brit accent. God knows why. Count me in...I guess. Let it be known that I do this against my will, though. Noldo off to look for bite-proof socks - for mosquitoes and nuzgul It looks like we've got three people, now: Werecat, Noldo, and myself! We still need two more.

All right, CLF! *cheers* Three volunteers! Anyone else up for this one? ~Allie

Those two'll have to be people with bite-resistant socks. Lucky Werecat, to already have a story for this.

I've still got to update In Dreams and a couple other stories, write one for the Peredhil's Fate Oliphaunt, the Herald's Tale prospective challenge, and this one. I'm definitely looking at a one-shot for this one . . .no chapter story.

Lucky Werecat, to already have a story for this. The evil nazgul bunnies bit me in advance... Werecat

Remember, CLF: the Oliphaunt has no deadline, so you could write this one a long time from now (unless the Nuzgul bites especially hard), without fear of it being expired. ~Allie New CM

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges