Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: The November Surprise!

The November Surprise!

This is the November Surprise brought to you by HASA Challenges: 5 November is Guy Fawkes’ day, and for many of us, this is a night of fireworks, bonfires and fun. Read more about Guy Fawkes day here: http://www.bonefire.org/guy/ We challenge you to write a story containing one or more of the following elements: · a disaster narrowly averted and a merry celebration thereafter · how fireworks came to Middle Earth · a fire and its significance to any Middle Earth culture you choose · of course, Bonfire Night has a more sinister significance. Was Guy Fawkes really a traitor? Write about the “other side” of a character - this can be an OC or any Middle Earth character - commonly regarded as a “traitor” to his people and show why he was not · a plot or a conspiracy - any kind of plot you like, any place, any time We’d suggest a closing date of 5 November 2005 for this. Any takers?

Re: The November Surprise!

Repeat after me. "We shall not awaken Marta's Lotho-was-not-a-traitor muse." "We shall not awaken..." I've already adopted entirely too many nuzgul today as it is. Seriously, I already have a story about a a conspiracy, so count me in for that one. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this! Marta

Hi all. Was Guy Fawkes really a traitor? Write about the “other side” of a character - this can be an OC or any Middle Earth character - commonly regarded as a “traitor” to his people and show why he was not. This describes practically all of my Beruthiel stories. Count me in. Werecat

Write about the “other side” of a character - this can be an OC or any Middle Earth character - commonly regarded as a “traitor” to his people and show why he was not Feanor! Count me in!

Heh, 3 victims! Any more? Could someone do Maeglin, pretty please? nrink

Maeglin...? I don't know if my muses are up to that... ~Allie who is contemplating this nuzgul, but not raising her hand... yet...

I'd be willing to do it! Eorl or Sauron?

Ah 4 victims! Just one more... Just one more... cheers! nrink

Eorl? I didn't know there *was* another side to Eorl.

I'll do it...with Saru... I took the name black traitor ... but I do not feel he was a traitor..but more on that after I do the story... Milly

Evil, evil Marta.... First she sets a resource!nuzgul on me. "Please go and do an entry on petty-dwarves" she murmurs in my ear. "Just for me." A resource!nuzgul which starts demanding I do lots of other related entries, including a bio of Mîm. *sigh* Then when I ask her why she's so interested in petty-dwarves, she mentions she was thinking of writing a "defence of Mîm the traitor" story. Which attaches itself to me instead. Arghhh! Anway, count me in. Mîm. I think that definitely gives us five people. Er, six even: Marta, Werecat,. Noldo, CLF, Black Traitor and me. Cheers, Liz

Ah, six brave souls: Marta, Werecat, Noldo, CLF, Black Traitor, and Tanaqui. Am I right? Well, November 5, 2005 as a close date, and with the prompt already scripted, I'll go ahead and set it up. Always, Allie edit: Challenge is posted here! Enjoy! edit #2: *mutters* Curse this job, curse it, precious... Nassty fanged beasts... Latching onto our ankles, they are, yess... When we are the ones who takes care of them, yesss... Preciousss... edit #3: Discuss your November Surprises here.

Eorl? I didn't know there *was* another side to Eorl. Oops, sorry. I meant the Dark Elf guy who married Idril. I can't think of his name, but it . . . wait, it was Eol! That's who I meant. CLF

Eorl? I didn't know there *was* another side to Eorl. Oops, sorry. I meant the Dark Elf guy who married Idril. I can't think of his name, but it . . . wait, it was Eol! That's who I meant. CLF

edit #2: *mutters* Curse this job, curse it, precious... Nassty fanged beasts... Latching onto our ankles, they are, yess... When we are the ones who takes care of them, yesss... Preciousss... May I offer you a choice from our fine selection of nuzgul cages? Reinforced mithril bars, built-in waterbottle and feedbowl.... (I can't stop adopting the little critters either, but at least I seem to be able to wrestle them into cages until I decide to deal with, rather than have them trailing off my ankles!) Thanks for setting up the challenge. Cheers, Liz

May I offer you a choice from our fine selection of nuzgul cages? Reinforced mithril bars, built-in waterbottle and feedbowl.... *resigned sigh* Thanks. I'll take a dozen, Liz. I'll need at least that. Always, Allie *impatiently awaiting the arrival of the cages*

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges