Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: The Forgotten Ones

The Forgotten Ones

While many Tolkien characters' lives were almost completely mapped out, the whereabouts of several of them are unknown. Whatever happened to Maglor, Galadriel's brothers, or Legolas' mother? What happens to men after they die, and exactly how did Nimloth of Doriath or her husband die? For this challenge, you would write a story of any length, showing or explaining what happened to a "forgotten" character from Tolkien's mythology. Whether you choose to write about "lost" characters, such as siblings or parents that were never mentioned, but may have been there, provide more detail into something that was only briefly mentioned happened, or more information about people, such as Maglor, who's end we don't know, it's up to you. Alexa

Re: The Forgotten Ones

LOL! I have have a dozen stories in my WIP file that would fit this, so count me in. (Hmmm...what to choose? Elured and Elurin? Tuor and Idril? Whichever one I actually get done? Yup, I think that one will do. ) Karri

Yay! So we have one person, then? I personally would love to read about Elured and Elurin. They're two of my favorite characters, and I feel very sorry for them. By the way, are you going to update "The Bitterness of Mortality" at FF.net? It's a great story.

Count me in, too. Arrgh. Another bunny. Goooo Maglor!

By the way, are you going to update "The Bitterness of Mortality" at FF.net? It's a great story. Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying it. Alas, I am having the worst time with this next chapter, but it stands now about halfway finished, so it may be hoped by all (myself, not least among the hopeful) that there will indeed be a new chapter up soon. Thank you for asking.

Hi all. For this challenge, you would write a story of any length, showing or explaining what happened to a "forgotten" character from Tolkien's mythology. Half of my stories fit this description... Count me in. Werecat

What happens to men after they die You had to include that line in your description, didn't you? Grr... it awoke a nuzgul that I thought was in hibernation indefinitely. Not sure if what I have in mind will fit your challenge, though. Does it have to be about "obscure" characters? Or can I take a well-known character whose fate is unknown after a certain point? If that's the case, count me in. If not, I can probably lure that particular nuzgul back to sleep... Amanda.

Or can I take a well-known character whose fate is unknown after a certain point? Ooh, is that Boromir? Please let it be Boromir. *prays fervently*

Yep, I've got a vignette about Nimloth that would fit this description. I'm in! ~Allie

Count me in - I've already got a story that fits this challenge! Jay

You had to include that line in your description, didn't you? Grr... it awoke a nuzgul that I thought was in hibernation indefinitely. Not sure if what I have in mind will fit your challenge, though. Does it have to be about "obscure" characters? Or can I take a well-known character whose fate is unknown after a certain point? If that's the case, count me in. If not, I can probably lure that particular nuzgul back to sleep... Amanda. It can be anyone you want, whether they are a well-known, non-existent, or obscure character. Do we have five people, yet? I'll include myself! CLF

Count me in I already have the fate of Legolas' mother worked out for my long WIP Seeds of Friendship (SSP...even if it's not posted yet ) Cheryl

Yup, you have five: Noldo, Meril, Jay, Karri, CLF, Cheryl, and possibly Amanda. Karri

Yay! We have a challenge! I hope you post that next chapter soon, Karri! Wow . . .it's been three months since the last one. Jeez . . .time flies by fast. CLF

and possibly Amanda. and It can be anyone you want, whether they are a well-known, non-existent, or obscure character. *sigh* You can delete the "possibly" Count me in. Now, all I need to do is find the time to actually research and then write the darned thing! Amanda.

I can't wait to read it! What is everyone else thinking about writing/entering? I have not clue what I'm going to do . . . CLF/Alexa

The story I already have posted on HASA is 'Telparian', about Legolas's mother. I may also do one about the ultimate choice of Elladan and Elrohir. Jay

That sounds good. I've always wondered what happened to them. Also, do you think you'll ever to a kind of "what if" sequel of sorts to "Telparian?" Something that would show what would have happened if Legolas' sister and mother had lived? Telparion was very good.

That sounds good. I've always wondered what happened to them. Also, do you think you'll ever to a kind of "what if" sequel of sorts to "Telparian?" Something that would show what would have happened if Legolas' sister and mother had lived? Telparion was very good.

I'm confused . . . what happened to all the other posts? What's everyone going to write?

Ooh! Another challenge. How does 6 months sound for everyone? cheers nrink

What's everyone going to write? Alexa - Well, the Tuor and Idril story is more on my mind at the moment, but as you seemed more interested in Elured and Elurin and their story is the shorter of the two, I think I will try to finish that one for the challenge. Nrink - six months works for me. Anyone else? Karri

Alexa - Well, the Tuor and Idril story is more on my mind at the moment, but as you seemed more interested in Elured and Elurin and their story is the shorter of the two, I think I will try to finish that one for the challenge. That sounds good! I can't wait to read it. Six months is fine with me.

Alexa - Well, the Tuor and Idril story is more on my mind at the moment, but as you seemed more interested in Elured and Elurin and their story is the shorter of the two, I think I will try to finish that one for the challenge. That sounds good! I can't wait to read it. Six months is fine with me.

Sign me up. Would a story on the Old Took's fairy wife (as mentioned in The Hobbit in jest) be acceptable and along the lines of this challenge? ~VG

Yeah! That would be a very good one. CLF

How about Maglor during the War of the Ring? I have a nice, evil story idea for that one, involving Maglor, Celeborn, lots of Random Elves, and what Haldir was really doing when PJ sent him to Helm's Deep. There is another side to my work. What was it? Oh yes, I know, I should get out more. - Noldo

Okay guys, The challenge is up and running. Run over and sign up now! Click here to join the victims list! cheers, nrink

That sounds really good, Noldo! Is it going to be humor? I love random humor with random characters . . . it's funny! Thanks nrink!

Hi CLF, There does not seem to be a thread for this in Challenges, so... Anyway, here's my story for this: Through Shadows Falling Karri

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges