Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: December 2006 Birthdays

December 2006 Birthdays

Calling all December babies! The end of the year is nigh. If you have a December birthday, please post your request here.

Birthday folk, please visit the HASA Birthday Cards workshop, put your story in it, and enter the December challenge.

If you have questions, please ask.

Gandalfs apprentice

December 12, Greywing: Show me your favorite character with the sniffles, the runs, an embarrassing rash -- any ailment at all! Does it affect the way he's doing whatever he's doing (e.g chopping up orcs), or how people react to him ("eeeew")? Can be angsty, humorous, whatever you like.

Re: December 2006 Birthdays

I just happened to be talking with Greywing, who mentioned that today, 12/12, is her birthday.  She aksed for a drabble: Show me your favorite character with the sniffles, the runs, an embarrassing rash -- any ailment at all! Does it affect the way he's doing whatever he's doing (e.g chopping up orcs), or how people react to him ( "eeeew")? Can be angsty, humourous, whatever you like.

Now why should I torment my favorite character, when I can torment hers?    Laugh out loud

Happy Birthday! Greywing.

Morning After

A discreet knock on Glorfindel's door brought only a groan from within.  Alarmed, Elrond entered the dim, shuttered room.  His nose overwhelmed by the sour stench from the overflowing chamber pot next to the bed, he bent over the Balrog-slayer. 

"Please.  Do not breathe so loud," Glorfindel whispered.  "I'm sorry. When I can move, I will have to kill them.  They called it tea."

Elrond's sons looked unrepentingly smug, and readily described their concoction as a masterpiece of the distiller's art.

"But he wanted to, father, truly," Elladan insisted.

"He said 'never' and made it a challenge," Elrohir added brightly.

Gwynnyd 

Happy Birthday, Greywing!

Here's my "sick" gift!  Happy birthday, Greywing!

--G.A.

Incarnation

Gandalf wiped his watering eyes and sucked deeply on his pipe. His chest exploded in harsh coughs.

"You shouldn't smoke when you're sick," Pippin said.

The wizard glowered at the young Took, who at last turned away. Sighing, he wrapped his tired body in his cloak, closed his eyes, and sank into unwelcome memories.

"Olórin," Manwe had said, "beware the temptations of the flesh. Beware wine, women and other lusts!"

Ever mindful of his divine instructions, Gandalf had fended off these iniquities. But his lord had failed to mention the true curses of incarnation: running bowels and a potent sneeze.

Dear greywing, if I had ever know that I was going to be required to post this in a public place, I certainly would not have been so lightminded in my approach to this drabble. So, you asked for one's favorite character being injured or ill in some hopefully embarrassing way and this is what you got from me (blushes).

OK. It is a true drabble, quality (or lack thereof) notwithstanding.

It’s Tough To Be A Dad

Feanor rubbed the back of his head—studied the red blood on his fingers. A surprising amount of damage had resulted from stepping on one small object with wheels left on the pathway between the house and the forge—execrable imitation of a horse fashioned by some lazy, unimaginative craftsman of Tirion. Children have no taste. It’s a parent’s responsibility to remedy that. Nevertheless, there is a lower limit on the age such training can begin. Never would have tripped if two toddlers weren’t squalling in unison behind me insisting they are old enough to make shiny things with fire.

Happy Birthday from Oshun.

'Never Again' - For Greywing

December 12, Greywing: Show me your favorite character with the sniffles, the runs, an embarrassing rash -- any ailment at all! Does it affect the way he's doing whatever he's doing (e.g chopping up orcs), or how people react to him ("eeeew")? Can be angsty, humorous, whatever you like.

Never Again  

Elrohir groaned as he woke very, very reluctantly.  The light was too bright; the birdsong too loud.  There was a pain in his head as if all Aulë's dwarves were hammering in concert, and a taste in his mouth like scrapings from the hens' barn.

He opened one eye cautiously.  Elladan stood over him; maliciously, deliberately sober.  "Still asleep, little brother?  I was awake early this morning, and now it must be nearly noon."

Dimly he recalled dinner last night.  He groaned again, pulling a pillow over his head.

Valar, what did the Dwarves put in their ale?

Never again.

Happy birthday, Greywing!

Jay

December 12, Greywing: Show me your favorite character with the sniffles, the runs, an embarrassing rash -- any ailment at all! Does it affect the way he's doing whatever he's doing (e.g. chopping up orcs), or how people react to him ("eeeew")? Can be angsty, humorous, whatever you like.

Happy belated birthday.

ITCH

“You are enjoying this!”
“You know I always love touching you,” Celeborn said evenly.
“You know exactly what I am talking about. You think it is funny I got in that … what is it?”
“Poison ivy,” he said as he spread the last of the poultice on her back. “There was nothing like this across the water? To build your character?”
“I will ‘character’ you.” Galadriel was rubbing in the poultice to hide the scratching. “How long will this itch last?”
“The healer said she does not know why it has lasted this long. She thinks you are hyper-sensitive to it.”
She turned on him then dissolved as she would for none other, “I just want to get some sleep.”
“It will be alright.” He hugged her gently. “Maybe if we got drunk?”
She picked up the bowl and firmly planted the rest of the poultice on his head.

Ranger1

Thank you, Ranger 1! Love it!

Re: 'Never Again' - For Greywing

Thank you, Jay, for the lovely present!

Greywing's Birthday Story

Hello, everyone

Greywing has a birthday story in the Workshop. Please enter your stories there.

Thanks.

G.A.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum